Server Question and Time Zones!

Okay so the gist of it is that I live in the worst time zone possible coming from Western Australia (GMT +8) and was looking at gaining some advice on the best RP server for my timezone. I already tried the japanese severs like Tonberry and such but really didn't enjoy my time there due to the lack of rp community and the focus mainly being on raids and level grinding.

I have very recently moved to Omega and was wondering if I made the right choice or if one of the other RP severs would be a better choice? 

Overall my connection to all the data centres appears to be of high connectivity so I'm not fussed which data centre I am in. So if anyone could clear up my confusion and doubt, I will be forever grateful!

Thank you!

Edited by Kamilli

Omega is the home of most EU roleplayers. Your time-difference to them can be as much as like +10 hours, so it might be difficult, unless you find some of them that may RP in the mornings - Or alternatively if you happen to be able to RP at odd hours. There's some Australians on Balmung, but it's locked at the moment. I would guestimate that you might need to look at Mateus- it has a sizable community and I'm thinking you may have a greater chance of finding rpers there who RP at odd hours or maybe even other Australians. But it's probably still going to be a challenge! Good luck :)

I don't necessarily recommend to move out to a NA based server. I always see and speak more with aussies as an EU on a NA server than with americans during the whole day, until near the middle of afternoon where it starts shifting to NA players when Aussies go to bed.

So it really depends when you play in the day actually.

No harm in making an alt and trying your luck on Mateus. I wouldn't necessarily say move just yet. But you can see if it works out for you. Creation time for characters is generally locked on Friday-Sunday during prime time. Usually you can create characters after 8pm Pacific.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Honestly thinking it over in terms of time zones and my messy as heck schedule, its gonna be a challenge no matter which server I go to. So its challenge accepted!

I will stay in Omega and make my alt on Mateus cause who doesn't like more characters? And I'll be able to see what sever I like best.