Tales of Hydaelyn

Blade

[align=center]51dbf727a068d65f0fa357a6.jpg[/align]

Hello, and thank you for visiting Tales of Hydaelyn!

Tales of Hydaelyn is the Final Fantasy XIV chapter of my other similarly named roleplaying group, Tales of Vana’diel, a group that has been running for over four years now. We’re looking to expand our roleplaying experience as a group, with the world of Eorzea and the stories it has to tell. In coming to Eorzea, we’re looking for a reset of our characters from Final Fantasy XI, as we’ll all be rolling (and some of us, including myself) already have rolled very different characters and are starting our relationships and bonds fresh for A Realm Reborn. It’s our hope that some among you may join with us as we forge this linkshell!

Recruitment at this stage is set to 'Open,' however, in-character recruitment is a little bit hard to work with right now due to the fact that this group is not one that exists in-characterly and I’m unable to at this time give a rough estimate. We really want this group to form naturally through in-character means, so a lot of that has a ‘it happens when it happens’ kind of implication to it. Everything down to the name of the group is still currently up in the air, and we want to get into A Realm Reborn first before we make final plans. Roleplay will happen leading up to the formation of the group, but it will likely be formed through a plotline leading up to the official establishment.

That all being said and done, if you are fine with things being less structured and up in the air, you are welcome to visit the website and apply. Please keep in mind, we’ll be rolling on Balmung, but we will likely not be particularly active until Phase 4. But the forums are up, and many of us check the site daily anyways since it's linked to our other RPLS, so there's plenty of time to get to know people leading up to then!

In the meantime, here’s the things I can tell you what we’re likely to be about:

New Player Friendly! I cannot emphasize this enough. As many of our group haven't played the game before, this linkshell at its outset will primarily consist of new players. Like the rest of the RPC, we welcome new blood with almost freakish desire. But in all seriousness, really, we don't care what level you are or if you've played the game much before, RP is the priority, and if you have a desire to learn, by all means we'll help you.

Story-oriented. We had a lot of success in Tales of Vana’diel with our members coming up with their own plotlines (within established lore), and roleplaying through them. Consider it as a way to get some time playing as DM in conjunction with the LS leader.

• We’re currently leaning towards forming a trading or craft company of some sort. Something that could be of real utility to other linkshells, and that would give our members good reason to travel fairly frequently. The group will inevitably get wrapped up in all sorts of adventures as part of this business, but we’d like to have the core be a more humble center.

Cross-Linkshell Emphasis: A large part of the benefit of the RPC and Balmung is the community and the wealth of roleplayers here. It’s our hope that as a sort of traveling company that we’ll come in contact with and make friends—both IC and OOC—with people in other linkshells.

• It is likely that we will incorporate in-game events into our roleplay. These events will be RPed as we do them. We’re still on the fence one what exactly to include when we say ‘game events.’ At the very least, expect us to be roleplaying FATEs when they appear.

• As stated above, the name Tales of Hydaelyn will change when this group takes an official form.

Hopefully this provides a decent enough snapshot of our group and a glimpse of what we’re planning to do. If you have any questions for us or are interested in joining, please do not hesitate to PM me, Blade, here on the forums!

See you when the realm is reborn!

-Blade Belisaire & Blue

Well, color me interested!  I know during phase 4 I intend to create Mikki as a crafter / gatherer (to support her background before becoming an adventurer) that way at official launch I can dig deeper into the adventuring thing.

I'm very interested in having a group to RP with before game launches, or at the very least getting to know some people so I can feel comfortable about going into a legacy server.  So yeah, if you're still looking for folks, I'd love an invite in!

Welll, this sounds like an interesting little linkshell, I may join it too! It could be fun, but Iza's gonna end up being a Arcanist first so I hope that'd be okay. I can't wait to see your website guys!

Welll, this sounds like an interesting little linkshell, I may join it too! It could be fun, but Iza's gonna end up being a Arcanist first so I hope that'd be okay. I can't wait to see your website guys!

That's fine^^ Not every member has to do the crafting guild thing. For example, I have a second character (Jet'a Vann) who is a Black Mage and isn't affiliated with it. Even, he might act against it. I'm sure whatever your job of choice will be, we can find some way to fit you in!

Is this going to be a linkshell, or a free company as well?  I ask because I need to start pairing down my choices a bit and kind of decide where I'm going to be going.  Linkshells I guess I can have a good many of, but I think Free Companies you can only belong to one right?

To clarify, I'm planning on the crafting/trading guild to be just the 'official' front of the linkshell. As in, there will be a significant story and plotline involved with Tales of Hydaelyn. The reason for taking a sort of trade company approach is that it really gives us an excuse in-character to travel a lot, to see a lot of different things. There will be plenty of fighting and adventuring to be had along this story, so non-crafters shouldn't be pushed away from this group!

As for Arcanist in particular though, they'd be very welcome as they could be good with record-keeping and all that good stuff. :)

Is this going to be a linkshell, or a free company as well? I ask because I need to start pairing down my choices a bit and kind of decide where I'm going to be going. Linkshells I guess I can have a good many of, but I think Free Companies you can only belong to one right?

Free Companies are yes, something that you can only join one of, and you can be members of many linkshells. I'm still trying to determine how to approach the Free Company aspect of this. If Tales of Hydaelyn doesn't form its own unique Free Company, it will be associated with an RP friendly one consisting of mostly members from this group, as well as some friends I have coming from XI from a social linkshell I had there, which was known as Returners. So a free company will sprout up as either unique to Tales of Hydaelyn, or as Returners, but in both cases there would be some RP around the Free Company side of things. In the case of the latter though, there'd likely be a good amount of OOC activity as well for progression-wise stuff in addition to the RP focus.

Regarding what this membership pool might look like, its difficult to say because at present I believe I am the only person with a 1.0 character that will be part of the formation of this Free Company. Which is good news for new players, since most of the people you'll be playing with will be right there with you.

I do, however, want to keep the Free Company aspect separate enough from the focus of the RP group so as to not push away people from roleplaying with our group who aren't a part of our free company, especially since you can only choose one group to go with. That would really limit who could join us. So I suppose the summary is: we're going to have some form of free company associated with ToH, but I can't comment as of yet how much of that with be IC vs. OOC. Either way, it wouldn't be a super critical part of the group so as to not make people with different free companies feel left out.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, an update!

First of all, the biggest news: the site is up and running and ready for people to start applying who are interested. It's included as part of the shell's information, but here it is again.

http://tales-of-hydaelyn.guildwork.com

In addition, I changed/reworded the recruitment status. You can scroll up and read it there, otherwise I've included it quoted here:

Recruitment at this stage is set to 'Open,' however, in-character recruitment is a little bit hard to work with right now due to the fact that this group is not one that exists in-characterly and I’m unable to at this time give a rough estimate. We really want this group to form naturally through in-character means, so a lot of that has a ‘it happens when it happens’ kind of implication to it. Everything down to the name of the group is still currently up in the air, and we want to get into A Realm Reborn first before we make final plans. Roleplay will happen leading up to the formation of the group, but it will likely be formed through a plotline leading up to the official establishment.

That all being said and done, if you are fine with things being less structured and up in the air, you are welcome to visit the website and apply. Please keep in mind, we’ll be rolling on Balmung, but we will likely not be particularly active until Phase 4. But the forums are up, and many of us check the site daily anyways since it's linked to our other RPLS, so there's plenty of time to get to know people leading up to then!

Looking forward to meeting you all!

-Blade

I've finally got my head around the difference between a linkshell and a Free Company - at my age things take a while to sink in *sigh* Anyway, if this does turn out to be a free company I'd be interested in an invite as my planned main, Dromka Zelka will be looking for a suitable business venture to get his teeth into. I'll keep my eyes open;)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Now formal members of the Scions of the Seventh Dawn, the group is now currently stationed in Camp Drybone, investigating on the large amount of kidnappings and theft of crystals that has occurred in the area. Minfilia believes this might be the doing of the Amal'jaa on their attempt to call forth Ifrit, and her suspicions seem to be right...

But who is kidnapping the many refugees of Camp Drybone? The people of Thanalan seem too afraid and refusing to talk.. something is certainly amiss.

With Clive constantly rushing ahead, wishing to channel all his fury against the beastmen, Blue has suddenly shown a sudden reaction on the graveyard of the Church of Saint Adama Landama... what is going on around here?

• 3 weeks later...