Longing for EU server RP

I know Omega is the main EU server for RP, but quite a few EU folk have just moved to Balmung and there is a good few here. So if you are thinking of alts and Balmung is still open I'd suggest giving it a try. I know some of those who came from Omega were quite please with the amount of RP they found.

Downside of Blamung is the 200+ms lag, which really get in the way of end game raiding (savage+).

Character creation on Balmung is only open during the EU afternoon, because of the high population at peak time. If you want to go onto the EU servers, you need to change the datacenter to the European one (Switching data centers will pull up a map for you.). 

There are still a big number of Europeans roleplaying on Balmung, and in addition to that, it really goes for all timezones. As a European I've logged in at 7am and managed to find RP for a few hours before headed to work. The bigger obstacles lie with events, which usually start at 2am Central European time unless they are specifically made EU-friendly. There are some european guilds around as well, such as Raven Heart and Winters Wake. You can check the guild listings and club listings here on the RPC for EU guilds on all servers.