Wanting to rp, yay!

Razzle

Hello hello!
Before the template thingy, I'd like to ask two things to help me get started with RP on Mateus :D
One:  I saw that white mages aren't suggested to RP for lore reasons, what about scholars?  <wants to RP scholar, but doesn't want to be super special or powerful)
Two:  When it comes to actual ingame progression I've only made it as far as right before the fight with Ravana in HW.   
What are some lore tidbits, spoilers or otherwise, that would be common knowledge among citizens of Eorzea up to the end of Stormblood?
If we can't mention spoilers casually in the thread then feel free to PM them to me...?  Yup, permission to spoil me for the sake of RP!

~~~~

MMORPG background   -  Mostly World of Warcraft at a very casual level:  My best character was a non-binary shadow priest cyborg gnome who was intrusively curious and sadistic.

RP experience -  Again, mostly World of Warcraft

Character ideas/info  -  Travelling amateur romance novelist perhaps?  Lalafell for sure.  A pudgy lalafell lady!

How did you learn about the coalition?  -  The FFXIV reddit community and Google

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy)  -  Somewhere between light and medium.

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc.)  -  I'm disabled and don't work so I have plenty of free time.  XD

You can play anything with the right backstory.  The limitation to White Mage is mainly that, lorewise, the only non-Padjal White Mage is the Warrior of Light...and that's it.  However, the devs have suggested that there might be other ways to acquire knowledge of White Magic, and there's nothing to say that your character can't be an exception. Not to mention that you don't even really have to be a White Mage (or Scholar) to have powerful healing magic - almost all of the spells a White Mage uses to heal are actually Conjury spells, so you could conceivably be a Conjurer and have a lot of healing ability.

As far as Scholar goes, the only issue there is that you have to come up with a decent backstory to explain how you got a hold of a Scholar Soul Stone, since that is what the fairies are apparently bound to.

I feel like I should summon @Sounsyy in here to dump the lore.  I'd offer more information, but it's after midnight and my brain is jelly.