My first steps in Eorzea...

Krimmzon

Hello there, everyone! You can, uh, call me Krimmzon, and I just started playing Final Fantasy XIV (after years of being on the fence and trying it a few times, and finally buying the game for super cheap on gmg) to scratch that ol' MMO itch.

MMORPG background

I've been playing MMOs for years. I dabbled very briefly in Everquest, but my first actual experience was in the ORIGINAL Runescape. I went on from there to get heavily into Guild Wars, then into World of Warcraft around the release of The Burning Crusade, and since then I've tried my hand at pretty much every MMO on the market, even some more obscure ones. I usually gravitate towards healers and such, but roleplay is my first love.

RP experience

I've been roleplaying in one form or another for about as long as I've been playing video games. Whether it be Dungeons and Dragons (my first experiences being in 3rd edition), forum based roleplaying (which is where I met my girlfriend), or taking my first steps in MMO roleplaying through World of Warcraft, I consider myself to be exceptionally experienced in the craft of both writing and roleplaying.

Character ideas/info

This one is still a big mystery for me, and something I hope to feel out as I learn the lore and get a feel for the world. Ideally, I like to play intelligent characters that are either magically inclined, or mechanically inclined, and enjoy trying to realize them as thoroughly as possible. I haven't nailed anything down,  and in fact I deleted my old trial character and made one from scratch because of a silly name and issues with appearance just before writing this, so I don't even have anything mechanically down! 

How did you learn about the coalition?

Google, and experience with there being roleplaying communities out there for MMOs.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy)

I enjoy heavy roleplaying, in both freeform and longterm, story-driven formats. I love guilds (or the equivalent) who run in-depth storylines and lend themselves to a progression of both their own stories, and the stories of characters.

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc.)

My biggest hobbies are video games and Dungeons and Dragons, as well as writing (in an amateur capacity), reading, and listening to music. I'm currently working on a Surgical Technologist certification, studying for my exam and such, and just trying to get ahead in a life that is so very hellbent on breaking me down. 

Hope to hear from some of you folks, and perhaps make some early friends in-game!

Edited by Krimmzon

Welcome Krimmzon, I think you picked an interesting time to jump in.

• There is tones of content.. literally, tones! Don't rush it, as it is story rich and all joins together (ish).
  • You may think the game is simple, which it can be but there is a depth underneath the surface. Just give it time to creep up on you.
  • You will notice that your character can be every job/class, which is different to a lot of other games. The game even gives bonuses for levelling multiple classes on your character. It means you don't need to alt so much (unless you want to).
  • They are going to allow visitors between servers (in a server group) so RP is expected to get a boost as a result.

I didn't like the game at first (beta) but I am still here.. it hooked me dag-nabbit. 

Edited by Nebbs