What is your House Sigil/Motto

[align=center]So a lot of people here watch Game of Thrones!

What is your character's Sigil and Motto!

(For those of you that don't watch it, a sigil is like an emblem, and a motto is... well, a motto lol.)

Oh, and attach a picture so it looks pretty!

Gerik's would be the ash leaf, in correspondence with his last name.  Ash + Town = Aston (Settlement by the Ash Trees)

For the motto, I guess this will do: Fructo cognoscitur arbor – A tree is recognized by its fruit

white%20ash%20leaves.gif

And I guess I'll post some Ash Tree lore too:

The Ash was seen as the feminine counterpart to the All-Father tree, the Oak: in these two trees, the oak and the ash, the concepts of the All-Father and the all-embracing World Mother, found the widest lodging. They are still found by many to be deeply symbolic and meaningful.

There have been archaeological Druid finds of Ash wands carved with spirals in Wales which provides evidence of the powers of the Ash, suggesting that it was revered and employed by the Druids.

Thus the Ash tree is associated with positive enchantment and application of will to destiny, which in many cases represents a healing process as the individual comes into contact with the truth of their own identity and the shamanic wound.

[/align]

The Artemis family has no sigil, as they were never noble nor do they have any noble intentions.

However it would probably look something like this

HdPLij4.jpg

It's a shepherd's crook, slightly charred, draped with vines and a few flowers.  Their motto would be 

"Their Burdens Are Ours"

The Makar family IS noble, and has had their crest/motto for 9 generations now, since the first of them married and ascended into the ranks of the Ul'Dah elite.  This is their sigil:

5b4wCV7.png

Two crescent moons; one waxing, one waning, side by side.  Their motto is

"All Good Things Bear Fruit"

For Dogberry, his heraldry would likely be a spear with some kind of cloud or lightning bolt to signify the sky. Himalspyr translates from Roegadyn to "heaven spear". He comes from a long line of harpooners and lancers. His family motto is "Truth is in things, not in words."

As for my alt, Reinbach, who needs heraldry when you've got a wicked pirate flag? Her house motto is "Fortune favors the bold."

"Victory belongs to the determined."

- Isielin Danar'i

falcon-red-200.png

House of the Falcon

The falcon is a take charge type who does work well with others, despite thinking they know best. In good times, the falcon is very kind and supportive, and breathes a revitalizing energy into projects and relationships.

In bad times, the falcon can become demanding, and lack the compassion necessary to undersatnd others shortcomings.

Isielin is an embodiment of the spirit of the falcon.

The Magstrom noble family of Ul'dah bears a sigil with a pair of crossed broadswords, both sheathed in scabbards of gold with trimmings of blue enamel and white silver. Between the two swords rests a curved heater, akin to the canopus shield. It covers the crossed blades, as if binding them together.

Near the top and on the flats of both scabbards are inscriptions. One sword bears: "Strength." The other: "Honor." Finally, one final inscription lay on the top edge of the shield which connects them: "Benevolence."

The Magstrom motto: Benevolence in peace. Strength in war. Honor in death.

If you ask Ernest, he could swear the motto growing up was "Go play outside!" or 

"Gods why did I have this kid?!" 

Coming from a lower class / pirate background he really cannot recall any "motto" for his family, he isn't fancy like those GoT people! Although he has come to embrace a good work ethic as a means to rise above poverty and bad character, so it'd be something akin to "Nose to Grind Stone."

The only heirloom he has is a compass, which has become his trademark insignia has been a "compass" that he engraves into armor / weapons. It isn't a mark of his family or anything, just a way to stand out and gain recognition.

[align=center]PDuFeO8.jpg?1[/align]

Well, since Rhostel has a traditional Highlander 'surname' (one that describes her personally) and Nahctgeim uses a pseudonym to distance herself from her father (not that she'd count anyway since of course her surname was of course simply derived from her father's given name) that just leaves my Elezen.

House Boucher would have the following crest: Sable, a bend argent, a cleaver sanguine. Or in plain English, a blood-red cleaver laid along a broad silver stripe running diagonal from upper left to lower right (viewer's perspective) on a black field. Their motto would be 'The Cleanest Cut'.

I don't have a proper image for House Felstar due to not having the graphical abilities to make one. But I'll give a description at the very least!

House Felstar's crest is the etched image of a five-pointed star draped in upside down angel wings and wrapped in an elegantly designed circular pattern. Kinda fancy I guess, but that's what I settled on quite some time ago xD

I don't have a proper image for House Felstar due to not having the graphical abilities to make one. But I'll give a description at the very least!

House Felstar's crest is the etched image of a five-pointed star draped in upside down angel wings and wrapped in an elegantly designed circular pattern. Kinda fancy I guess, but that's what I settled on quite some time ago xD

You forgot your motto biotch!

:love:

ily Kylin!