New to the game; what server do I join?

So, research so far has shown that Balmung, Mateus and Gilgamesh are apparently the most popular RP servers... unfortunately, all three of those (as of right now, as a new player) are closed off to me. Does anyone have any suggestions on another server I could join with an active RP community? I almost strictly play MMO's for their RP (gameplay comes second to me) and I'd hate to choose a server that just ends up making me lose interest in the game...

If it helps offer suggestions at all, I'm open to all types of RP...

EDIT: Also... I swear I did about an hour's worth of clicking and reading before finally posting this... unfortunately, it seemed the only conversations I could find regarding this topic are from 2017. I'm really sorry if this ends up being a duplicated conversation topic. ;-;

Edited by Villanite
1 minute ago, SicketySix said:

I think Jenova may be the next most suitable server for you.

If you look at the menu header above, you can see the Linkshell & Free Company tabs. 

Those will show you the RP groups on any given server that's been added.

Best of luck to you!

Thank you so much! I'll give Jenova a shot, then!

1 minute ago, Kieron Lohengrin said:

Cross-world visits will be implemented in a few months, along with a new datacenter. If you're unable to create a toon on Mateus off peak-hours, then you might want to try one of the other servers that'll end up in Crystal.

Well... poop... I just started up in Jenova and was actually considering Coeurl since it had an EXP boost for new players...