Good to meet you! Getting my ducks in a row at a slow pace :D

LittleLeaf

Hello everyone! It's a pleasure to meet you. My main character is Twi, so you're more than welcome to call me that if that's easiest or by Leaf. 

MMORPG background:

Gods above I can't believe how much time flies every chance I get to talk about this subject! My first MMORPG was Mabinogi back in 2008. It was my final year of high school, and at the time I didn't have my own credit card (I didn't get into WoW until right before Warlords of Draenor). Despite my toaster of a laptop I was hooked into that game. I loved the lore, I loved the characters, but more than anything else: I loved how Mabinogi focused so much on the livelihood of player characters.

I eventually stopped playing Mabinogi for various reasons, and have tried more MMORPG's than I can remember in the following years since. I've been a fan of Final Fantasy for several years, so this one just seemed like a natural fit. The rest is history! FFXIV is currently my main MMORPG.

RP experience:

The bulk of my RP experience comes from forums and chatrooms. I started back in my first years of high school when Quizilla was still a thing (before Viacom/Teen Nick bought it out). Since then I've been with a single, primary group that I've done campaigns with for several years. Unfortunately the bulk of that group has since dispersed due to life and growing pains. I'm still roleplaying with a very dear friend of mine! However I'm now free to expand my contacts and try something new!

That being said: despite 10 years of MMORPG experiences I don't think I've ever roleplayed in them. I always knew it was a thing, and was interested. But between my own nerves and hanging out with a more limited crowd, I never really got to try.

So in short: I do have a lot of RP experience, however I'm a greenhorn when it comes to roleplay within MMO's and FFXIV as a whole. However I'd like to think I'm a quick learner, and I'm more than happy to open and transparent with character development and scene setup! Consent always comes first! The fun will flow more naturally from there. 

Character ideas/info:

My main character on Mateus as of this post is a little Xaela girl named Twi Kahkol!

Her premise is simple: she was born into the Tumet tribe, but she failed her sacred tree ceremony. It was the Kahkol tribe who found her and cut her free. As one can imagine she has a severe inferiority complex about this, and sometimes wonders if she even deserves to be a Xaela because of her weakness.

But she isn't all doom and gloom! Despite her general insecurity over her heritage, she is proud to bear the name the Kahkol tribe gave her. She was inspired by their generosity, their understanding, and their mercy. How they viewed the world was very different from the Tumet, and her time spent with them made her question everything she had been raised to believe (primarily when it came to pride and prejudice. Book pun not intended!). So she became a very hard worker in an attempt to pay them back for giving her a second chance at life, which included running errands for the traders at Reunion.

Twi was only with the Kahkol for four years. There was a merchant couple from Kugane that would frequent Reunion. They were incredibly interested in the cloths and patterns used in Steppe fabrics, and upon seeing interest in making such materials in the teenage girl, the couple requested that Twi return home with them as an apprentice.

Twi would spend nine years (she's 23 as of this writing) living in Kugane, and would occasionally visit Reunion (about once or twice a year) to trade on behalf of her masters and keep up with changes the Xaela's craft. However with each passing visit Twi's anxiety only grew: every year she seemed more and more removed from her people and her culture. Which played into her fears of not deserving to be a Xaela at all.

All of that being said: Twi's still a relatively new character, and anything that isn't quite lore abiding I am willing to tweak (I wish I had those encyclopedias! ❤️ ). I'm still learning FFXIV's vast lore. However when it comes to Twi I have two primary character arcs that will drive her actions and growth:

1. You can't run from your heritage: Twi never thought she'd meet so many Xaela in Eorzea, let alone as many Tumet as she has!
  2. Deciding what she wants for herself and her future: For the bulk of her life Twi has simply lived her life the way others have offered for her. Her time in Eorzea is the first chance she's had to truly explore who she is and what she wants.

How did you learn about the coalition?:

I've been watching the various Mateus RP discord channels! That's how I've been able to go to some of my first events and meet people. Last week I finally bit the bullet and added Twi to the character directory. It was while I browsed through the profiles there that I saw the RPC wiki linked in some of them, which lead me to here!

I don't know how active I will be on these forums, but I think I would like to at least try to maintain a wiki page!

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy):

Medium would be good, I think. I want to go to many events and meet some good people, but I do also have other hobbies competing for my free time. I will say though that I do prize OOC communication! I sincerely believe that good, fun roleplay begins with transparent and safe communication between all parties involved. 

To me immersion comes second: no amount of immersion is worth either party being uncomfortable. I will inform you in OOCLY chat if I have an issue, and I truly hope any potential partners will feel comfortable enough to do the same. Doesn't matter if it's something as simple as: "Do you think your character would be okay if mine did [thing]?" or if it's much more grave like you don't feel safe or something. Please tell me!

To that end if you're the type of roleplayer that never wants to break character or speak in-game OOCLY, then chances are I'm probably not a potential partner for you. I 100% respect that playstyle (that's some hard work!), but it's just not how I feel comfortable doing things :) 

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc.):

The mun behind the character is a 28 year old cis woman. I'm a freelance writer part time and generally work from home. In school my major was East Asian Languages and Cultures, with a Japanese focus! Which was why I wanted to make a character with ties to Kugane: out of all the FFXIV lore that's the one I had the most initial flexibility and comfort with (it was so much fun guessing which eras Kugane's architecture was inspired by!).

I have also done safe-space training from my time working with the housing association when I was in University, and openly support the LGBTQ+ communities. So if you have trans characters or characters on a spectrum I have zero issues with roleplaying with them! Same with the muns behind the characters: we're all nerds here :)❤️ That being said: please don't hesitate to let me know if I flub up!

PHEW! That was a LOT longer than I thought it would be. If you read all that, then thank you very much! ❤️ I look forward to catching some of y'all in game!

rpc avatar.jpg

Edited by LittleLeaf