No Love For Male Characters?

I joined a heavily RP-centered FC after interacting with them for a few months on an RP server. The RP in that community with the surrounding FC's we also RP in big events stresses literacy, so I'm not sure how big of a thing that is to you. But male characters were actually in shortage with the literate RP community. They'd phrased it to me as, "Good male characters are so hard to find. Straight male characters are even harder to find." Then, the next day, I heard "real Qestirs are so difficult to RP".

I saw it as a challenge, sooooo I made a straight, male Qestir XD. I've got to tell you, I'm in no shortage of RP and he's probably become on of my favorite characters I've ever made. I made him extroverted and easy-going, so he's really easy to interact with openly with just about anyone. I really think it's just about finding the right people to RP with - a solid community or circle. As far as literate communities go, male characters that are written well really ARE in shortage.

I also couldn't agree more with the things that've been said as being a giving writing partner. Always make the RP about your RP partner, and they'll end up doing the same for you. It's funny, I actually went to Uni for theatre performance and got my degree a few years back. One of the biggest things about acting on stage is NEVER acting as if you're the main character in the scene (even if you are) and never focusing on your own lines. Instead, LISTENING to your scene partner and RESPONDING with your lines.

Edited by Galeteya