Lady of the Night Seeks Clients, Contacts, and Companions

I'm sure that title is enough to raise a few brows to those who weren't here for my last LFRP almost two years ago, so let me simply dive into the good bits and leave the rest for later on in the post, hmm?

Tsukiko Tanshi is a Far Eastern Exile who has been traveling Eorzea and has successfully made her way with her charm and body as a prostitute, and with her nimble fingers as a thief. One of these is rather lesser known than the other, simply because Tsukiko shows no shame at all in being one of the many who makes her living on her back -- or, of course, however the client desires. After a series of good fortunes and generous investors caught wind of her efforts, the young woman has managed not only to accumulate the wealth needed to purchase a plot of land for her dream business, but has recently finished all the necessary paperwork and permits that are necessary for running her business. The docks and alleys that she was once so commonly found in have been bare of her of late as she attempts to transition from dangerous streets to the safety of the business, and offer those who need equally safe harbor the opportunity to find it while providing much more personal entertainment to those who have particular needs.

While originally quite open and friendly, the long hours of fighting politics and chasing off those who would waste her time has shortened her temper, and the piles of paperwork that her associates find her poring over have set a good deal of weariness into young bones. Still, she finds time for a smile and a cup of tea before the desk calls her back to business, and for those that she considers a friend or those in need of support, she is fiercely loyal and genuinely helpful. She still enjoys attention, pretty things, the arts and sciences, sunrises, and falcons. She dislikes strong cheeses, prefers rain to snow, and has little respect for those who assume without due cause.

Tsukiko is seeking:

• Clients: The obvious one, and the one to simply get out of the way. Sexual escapades with Tsukiko do cost in-game gil, though her price is quite low - she's more a back-alley girl than a high-class courtesan, but she works as hard, if not harder, than the latter. I do not charge for faded or boot scenes, and I ask that those who may not find the practice of paying for smut appealing to restrain themselves from talking about it in this thread. Let the horse rest, please. 

• Competition: With the brothel now open, I'm looking for the Tilly Devine to my Kate Leigh, or other friendly competition. I'm not interested in interactions that negatively harm others, like making friends and company members choose between businesses and/or friendships. I'm looking for playful hijinxs and antics that employ silly creativity that everyone can enjoy and foster amusement with a tinge of competition. Expect mini-events where an office might be festooned with racy objects just before an important meeting, or co-op competition events between FC's/groups where the losing team might have to wear something new as their uniform for a week. The possibilities are endless!

• Co-Workers/Freelancers: If you play a street-worker, you've probably heard of Tsukiko or her efforts along the grapevine. You're absolutely not required to join the FC to find employment with her, a single meeting and some in-depth talking is enough to get your name on the freelance roster for virtually any type of job. Does your character need a place to stay while they get their feet underneath them again? She has employment opportunities for them, too! 

• The Corrupt: Do you play someone a little underhanded? Someone who walks on the dark side, even if they hold a fancy-pants 'good' job or title? Tsukiko has experience with people who deal in the shadows and knows the power that silence can bring. If you need someone who isn't afraid to do something for the right price, Tsukiko may be your gal. Alternatively, it's also perfectly acceptable to just have a clever piece of arm-candy who asks no questions and tells no secrets.

• Past Life: Tsukiko's true reason for exiling herself from the Far East is not well known, but she did leave behind a healthy family tree and a few very treasured friends. Now that she feels that she has put down decent roots, she'd be more than happy to run into those who remember the pale little caged bird that was the daughter of a popular songstress and reconnect with those she once knew. That said, not all reconnections need to be... good. There is a bounty on her head, but the Tanshi family secrets are as deep as they are dark, and who knows what might come to the surface when the right buttons are pushed? 

• Healers/Medics/Therapists: This young lady does tend to get into trouble, but she has had some encounters that have shaken her foundations and she could use a safe and unbiased voice in her life to help guide her. Her previous guiding voice was her father, and in his absence she has begun to feel as though she is drowning. A lifetime of trusting no one but herself and her father has shown a considerably large gap in her ability to form long-lasting ties, and as she adjusts from a life on the run to a more stable one, she's showing some dysfunctional habits that she could benefit from having identified and talking through. 

• Enemies: She has done some shady work and there's no doubt a client or two out there who has found something lifted after an energetic romp. I'm open to people having a more antagonistic role in Tsukiko's life, provided there is proper communication beforehand. You should definitely check out my rules below if this is something you're looking for.

Tsukiko's Player is Seeking:

• Long-Term Contacts: While I know that Tsukiko's character at her core makes it really easy for short-term interactions, I really prefer to make long-term connections that engage characters on a more stimulating level than just, 'someone's feeling randy.' We don't have to play every day; in fact, we don't even have to talk every day! I just enjoy building things up for the enjoyment of everyone involved, and prefer to play with people who share that same passion. It's absolutely okay to approach if you just want Tsukiko to be a side-character, I'm open to that as well.

• Patience, Understanding, Communication: Tsukiko's Free Company is my highest priority, and if there's something that needs to be done with it, I'm going to be handling that. This means that there may be days that I'm simply not available for in-game play, or just may not be in the mood for it. I do not expect you to be perfect, as I certainly am not, but I do expect an effort to be made. I don't want to hear that you're uncomfortable with a line and have been for some time when we've been playing the line for a while, I don't want to be attacked at some point by a partner OOC who isn't comfortable with the themes we play. If you have limits, I need to know them. Anything that could cause a hiccup or bad feelings needs to be addressed as soon as possible, and not when things are caving in.

• Slow Burn: I'm not against romance for this character, but I prefer it be very slow burn. Tsukiko has zero experience with romantic feelings and didn't grow up with the most orthodox family. Her job is her life and it demands a lot of patience and I expect a lot of pitfalls before anything close to stability is in sight. Hot and heavy romances are fine, whirlwind romances are great, but anything lasting is going to have a high degree of work put into it on an in-character level. I really don't have any goals with this one, mostly everything will have to be discovered on the fly and discussed when that happens.

• Variety: I don't enjoy doing the same thing for long periods of time, and will sometimes rotate my attention depending on this. I am vastly more interested in forming connections with people who are okay setting aside role-play for a weekend to just dig into other content, and there's a special place in my heart for those who are unafraid of participating in group activities and prefer them over one-on-one interactions. I will struggle to maintain interest if we're doing the same thing every time we meet, and you should be okay with being told that I'm burned out on something. I'll always invite you along on other things that I do whenever possible!

The Player's Dealbreakers:

• Dependence: I'm not interested in being the sole source of entertainment for you. I am not going to be online every day, I'm not likely going to be in contact every day. I don't like feeling responsible for someone like one might feel responsible for a high maintenance pet, and I'll be very clear when this situation starts to become clear that it's unwanted and needs to be rectified, or we'll be going our separate ways. You absolutely need to be able to entertain yourself and progress your character without my constant presence, because I can promise you I will not be a constant.

• Controlling: The only person you control is yourself. I don't care how much you don't like someone, you don't get to tell me that I can't interact with them. I don't want to hear the sordid gossip, I don't want you to tell me what horrible thing they did to you, I'm not playing that game. The moment you try to tell me who I can talk to or what I can do, I'll excuse myself from your life likely far more politely than you deserve. Don't do it, it's not cool. Please do inform me if you're uncomfortable if the need arises. I don't need to know who or what is making you uncomfortable, I don't need to know why. I have no problem moving us elsewhere if necessary, and if I need the same thing I will inform you. I don't want details, and I'm not going to give them. Don't try to mother me, either. I can think for myself and speak for myself. Don't speak for me to others, especially if I'm not present.

• Lack of Honesty: I'm very strict about being honest about things, specifically when they are things that could hurt others. When it comes to potential interactions with people I'm not familiar with or will have little contact with, I need to know that things have been discussed. I will take you at your word when it comes to this, but if I learn that you weren't honest about it and someone was hurt because you didn't communicate properly, that will be the end of it. I have no interest in being the accidental axe to a friendship or relationship, and no interest in being yelled at by someone who thinks I was a willing participant in hurting them. I'm not, don't put me in that position.

• Tantrums: We won't always get along. We might have different views on something, we may want different things. I am not a confrontational person by nature and if I feel that I'm getting a little too emotional, I will ask that we set whatever it is down and come back to it later when we've had some time to cool. If I discover this is impossible because you've removed me from contact lists in the heat of the moment, then that is where our contact ends. I will take that as you lacking the desire to continue interaction with me, and that will be the end of it. I will not chase you, I will not message you again, and there's a very high chance that if you approach me to talk about it later, I'll politely decline and wish you the best in your search.

• tl;dr: I expect those who I interact with to behave like the adults they should be. If this becomes an issue at any point in time, I will remove myself from the situation after explaining why I am doing so very clearly. I expect to be treated fairly and respectfully, and I will give you the same thing in return without qualms. We're all here to have fun, and I will do my best to keep that going so long as I know that the environment is still good for it. While I'm sure these deal breakers make me sound a bit uptight, I'm actually very easy to get along with and just prefer to be upfront about the speedbumps.

Other Information/Contact Information:

You can contact me on Discord by adding: Tsukiko Tanshi#9604. Please, do not rely on leaving me a message in-game unless it's very clear that I'm actually there. I frequently step away and leave myself logged in and my connection drops quite often so I won't get those messages reliably! You can also message me here, and I'll be happy to discuss potential play with you.

As something of an aside, please don't message me with just one line asking if I'm interested in playing with you. This entire advertisement is me looking for contacts and I've thrown up a lot of hooks and the answer is that yes, I obviously do want to play with you! Instead, come with a little blurb about your character and how you think we might work together. You don't have to overload me with information, and you absolutely don't have to drop your entire character right there, I just want to see that you at least have an idea of where you want to go, which is something I can work with!

I look forward to creating with you!