[Mateus] Looking for friends and connections!

Hi! I'm new to RPing in-game but I have a history of tabletop role-playing, and forum role-playing a long time ago. I'd prefer role-playing with people who can give me feedback while I'm warming up! I'm currently working through story quests and at a low level, so I may be unable to access certain areas.

RP Methods: In Game, maybe Discord (Senni#8226)

How to contact me: Discord, here, or in-game if you find me.

Looking For: Short or long-term RP partners/connections/family.

RP Type: I'm comfortable with anything.

sen screen.png

Name: Senini Seni (Sen or Senni to friends)

Race: Miqo'te, Seeker of the Sun

Senni grew up in a small La Noscean settlement, struggling day in and out just to get by. This is probably where her love for Gil and want for a luxurious life came from, traits that have gotten her into trouble on many occasions involving everything from petty theft to debt. Senni has a blunt and honest demeanor and does what she needs to do to get by which, consequently, has caused more than a few scuffles in her time.

Tired of fishing for her family and having heard of the wealth to be found in Ul'Dahan markets, Senni recently left everything behind to live in the city. She has recently joined the Gladiator's Guild to earn a living but is barely scraping by. Dungeon exploring, too, is not always worth the effort. Her mind always wanders to other ways of making money - the quicker and easier, the better!

Senni can come across as harsh at first, with a dark sense of humor and a mind to finish business as efficiently as possible. She is not always in tune with the emotions of others, though not for a lack of trying. When she warms up to people, Sen is very caring - though it can take time for her to warm up.

Sen's alignment is neutral, as she does what she thinks needs to be done. This is sometimes for the sake of others but is more often for personal gain.

Plot hooks

Making it in the city

Sen always has her ears open for opportunities to make a quick coin. She picks up odd jobs involving delivering goods, hunting beasts or bodyguarding, and has more than once fallen for investment scams. 

Sen can barely scrape by with what she makes from the gladiator's guild. Maybe there's an opportunity for her that sounds too good to be true? She is one step away from a mercenary, and will pick up most jobs - although she's not confident in her thieving skills beyond sleight of hand in crowded areas. She has never killed another person and the thought terrifies her.

Her past catches up to her

Sen's life has been filled with trouble, and despite moving halfway across Eorzea people still manage to find her. This could be a debt collector trying to get a small fortune back, getting caught for her 'pocketing' of items in the marketplace, or getting found out for throwing a match in the ring to make a few more coins. Other ideas are possible, too, as Sen has been through a lot. A favour might be called on her from someone who once gave her a potion, or someone who helped get her out of trouble.

Family comes first (also open to joining a family - parts of her background can be changed to reflect this)

Sen has been in a lot of trouble, and maybe for a good reason. That potion she stole may have been to help a sick relative, or that borrowed money may have been to get debt collectors off of someone she cares about (friends included). Part of her reason for moving to Ul'dah may even be to earn money to help a family member who couldn't afford the education or training they wanted.

If you have any other ideas, please do let me know! I'm happy to workshop something. Previous connections are also great for Sen.