Love RP and Love the Game

Hello, I recently got back into this game, after months of not playing it, even making a new character so I can ease back into things.

MMORPG background: FFXIV is my only experience with MMOs. I tried to get into WoW but it just wasn't my thing (plus honestly the character creation doesn't feel as nice as FF's)

RP experience: I have been designing OCs since I was just a little kid, just general stuff from shows that I like. After that I started making my own characters and OCs not tied to any media. As for roleplay itself, I have been doing it since I was in my senior or junior year highschool, I'm fuzzy on which one. I'm 24 now, so I have a couple of years under my belt. I have had my ups and downs, but now I feel I'm at a stage where I consider myself pretty alright.

How did you learn about the coalition? Cards on the table, I googled "Final Fantasy XIV roleplaying" and this was the first result.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be?: Light to medium. I prefer casual or easy going roleplay. Emotional or strong stuff only really happens with partners that I'm well acquainted with.

Between college, work, and other things, I can't always roleplay, so I like to take it easy for the most part.

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? I'm writing a novel right now. Only about 10 percent of the way done, but I'm making progress.

Character info:

Name: Qatun Qeril

Race: Au Ra

Qatun is a tough girl with a temper as short as her height. Being the runt of triplet siblings, she was easy to pick on (even one nickname growing up was Giant Lalafell); especially when the trio had to live up to the reputation of their father, a renown adventurer in their community. But, with the help of her father, she soon learned the basics of using a sword and shield. Then, once the basics were learned, she taught herself.

Despite her small stature, she is incredibly strong. Able to both take a hit and hit back hard. While short tempered, she is also very easily flattered. Her tough and stern appearance easily broken by a compliment.

Current goal is to forge her own path. While her father did train her and she wants to live up to the reputation he had, she doesn't just want to be known as "the adventurer's daughter." She wants to gain a reputation of her own, even one to surpass her own family.

Z1cI014.jpg

Though I cannot speak on the RP community in Goblin, you can always visit other serves to partake in some fun. I've seen a fair amount of folk hopping over to Mateus to play and I've even gone over to Balmung to play with some friends. So rest assure, you can find a way to get your fix. ^_^

It happens, I still have days where my mind goes blank. As you grow more comfortable with your character and understand their quirks and such, it gets easier. I think starting off light with simple interactions might work for you and even contact the person you are rping with that you are just getting into it and to bear with you.

If you ever stop by Mateus, look me up, I'm usually around Limsa and wouldn't mind extending a helping hand.

Cheers!

I like her! She looks like she has moxie! Totally feel you with the anxiety of trying to strike up a RP cold, but rest assured the writing comes easier the more you do it. Seems like a lot of us are taking the opportunity World Visit has opened up to get a good peak at the larger RP servers, so here's to making some good stories!