Returning Player

With ShB around the corner, I like many others are returning to FFXIV. I've remained subbed since ARR and I find myself taking a lot of breaks once I more or less get caught up with the story, get myself some decently good gear and then call it quits for a few patches until some really big major one comes and then I return to do it all again. This most recent break has probably been my longest time away from the game and it seems a lot has changed since I was last here.

I'm currently on the Balmung server and was interested in returning to the RP scene, but not sure where to start looking, what LS are available or how active RP FC are now adays.

Any help or suggestions would really be appreciated.

Balmung and Mateus are always a good source for rp with plenty of folks shouting about their RPing FCs. In Mateus, Ul'Dah is a good location to poke around with plenty of people accepting walk ups. Also you can send a shout out too and get plenty of responses I'd imagine. 

Lastly, rp events are posting here as well so just keep an eye out and you may see something that catches your attention.