Long time RPer, new to FF14

Hello everyone, been lurking around here for a while now, having found this forum shortly after I started playing FF14 a few months ago. I've been enjoying various venues of online roleplaying since the late 90s, but have only dabbled a bit in Final Fantasy as a whole so I'm still trying to wrap my head around all the lore. However, I am very excited to become a part of this community. I'm starting to look around for an RP Free Company to join on Mateus while also working at ironing out my IC character concept for when Shadowbringers launches as I'm currently strongly considering converting my main character to a Viera at that point. I have some basic ideas but would probably benefit from someone who has more lore knowledge to tell me if a concept is completely ridiculous or not before I put in a ton of effort fully fleshing things out. Essentially I'm aiming for a character who is a scholar which among other things, has taken the study of nature and it's various life forms as a major focus of study. Just trying to work out the background details.

Edited by DelphinusVyse

Welcome aboard! I say you have sometime left to decide on where you want to take your character so no need to rush. Wish I had more knowledge to help you with this but hopefully the bump will catch someones attention.

Thanks. Been poking around a bit and the sort of back of the napkin summary I've got so far is that my character's mother was a traveling merchant, who while pregnant settled in Kugane to give birth to her. Some years later when she is still a young child, her mother is killed by some Garleans who believed she cheated them on a purchase they made from her. From there my character is adopted by an Au Ra who was a friend and neighbor of her mother's, and my character ends up taking to reading books in an effort to escape from the pain of losing her mother, and that is what eventually leads her to becoming a scholar.