[Mateus] New to FF14 roleplay

Hello everyone!👾

I figured here would be the best place to introduce myself to the roleplay community of FF14. I've been playing the game on and off for a while, leveling up slowly and enjoying the story/lore. For the longest time,  my main MMO was Wow, but I've also played GW2, ESO, Wildstar, Archeage, just to name a few. Due to losing interest in BFA and the inactivity of the RP guilds I was part of,  I decided to fully commit to FF14 and has been in it since the beginning of the year.

As said previously, I was a member of roleplaying guilds before and I have a few years of experience with different communities. Due to RL reasons, I couldn't roleplay much when I switched to this game, but now I feel ready to give it a serious shot.

Surprisingly enough, I discovered this site through a non-roleplayer: my cousin, who introduced me to the game, really enjoys watching RP from afar and suggested me to have a look at this forum. So, thanks cousin! ^^

I currently have those characters that I was to use for roleplay: 

• A blunt and power hungry Dwarf from the First
  • A bounty hunter that wanders the land in search of her next target.

I'm keeping it vague so that people can explore their stories.

I consider myself a medium to heavy roleplayer depending on who I roleplay with, but that doesn't mean that I mind Light RP. I'm looking for connections, RP partners, being a part of the RP community and have fun in general. Don't be shy ;) and see you in the game!

Edited by RedAlert

Welcome to the community! :) I appreciate the intention of keeping things vague/letting people discover your character IC. I'm used to non-MMO RP and that's how it always went there!

Unfortunately my character is only available in the Shadowbringers zones for lore reasons, but if either of your characters ever finds themselves there, please feel free to hit me up. Good luck with your search!

Thanks for the welcome! I haven't finished the shadowbringer MSQ yet so I'm not sure if it's possible to travel there if you're not the Warrior of Light or one of the Scions....or Hildy, but he's kind of a special case 😅. I'd be able to answer more once I'm done with the main story and hopefully it's not impossible. My Viera would be happy to make new acquaintances of her kind.  :)

On 1/26/2020 at 5:13 PM, Moon Type said:

Your characters look really good and I love the screenshots of your dwarf. So cute! X3

I hope your cousin gave RPing a try.  :) 

Aww thanks! ❤️  I know that she likes to observe open events and tavern RP once in a while, but I don't think she has tried it yet. Maybe one day :). We often joke that our lalas are cousins RP wise XD

Edited by RedAlert
7 hours ago, RedAlert said:

Aww thanks! ❤️  I know that she likes to observe open events and tavern RP once in a while, but I don't think she has tried it yet. Maybe one day :). We often joke that our lalas are cousins RP wise XD

That's a cool idea having Lala cousins ^.^  And I can relate to your cousin, it took me quite a while to actually start RPing in FFXIV, even though I'd RPed in other games before. 😅