[Crystal DC] Thavnairian Mercenary Miqo LFRP/C/LS

Hi there! I'm new to the FFXIV RP scene (though not MMO RP in general) so I thought I'd make a post here to try to find my bearings. Specifically, I'm introducing my balmung boy Ghira'wo Habadiral.

image.png

Ghira'wo is a Keeper from far-off Thavnair who's spent the past several years selling his sword arm around the Jade Sea and the Ocean of Glass. He considers himself a pilgrim, on a never-ending journey to learn about the faiths and sacred traditions of cultures across Hydaelyn. On the way, he's picked up a passel of languages, sword techniques from across the star, and a taste for meeting new and interesting people (and dueling them, if they happen to also be students of swordsmanship). He's more or less fresh off the boat in Eorzea (though I'm certainly also open to Far Eastern contacts and RP), and eager to get familiar with the continent's fighting styles, belief systems, and cuisine. I have a more complete LFRP post on his tumblr (https://habadiralstravels.tumblr.com/), but I'll repost the hooks from there to here:

• Ghira’wo has served as a mercenary in the Far East for several years. Engaged both to defend ships against pirates and to protect foreign merchants making visits to Kugane, he is well acquainted with the region’s geography, cultures, and unique dangers.
  • Alongside his irrepressible wanderlust is a great admiration for new and exotic cuisines. As a result, he’s drawn to restaurantstaverns, and tea houses the world over, eager to sample the unique fare as much as the unfamiliar social atmosphere.
  • More so than any of his other passions, Ghira’wo’s interest in religious studies prompts him to go out, meet new people, and delve into the most antiquated temples for inspiration and spiritual advice. Though he’s only newly arrived in Eorzea, he’s already made a nuisance of himself to many local priests, monks, and shamans with incessant questions about the Twelve and other aspects of the continent's faiths and belief systems.
  • An adventurer’s adventurer, Ghira’wo loves exploration and dungeon-delving in equal measure; though he belongs to no guild or company, few things excite him like the chance to test his sword against strange monsters, admire the works of ancient peoples, and make a pretty penny while doing so.
  • As an interest born of both necessity and familial encouragement, swordplay remains central to Ghira’wo’s life. Though not particularly violent, he will leap at the chance to duel a swordsman in whom he perceives equal or greater skill, particularly masters of those styles with which he has little familiarity (e.g., Eorzea’s gladiators and knights).
  • Though he has been gone from his homeland for some years, Ghira’wo remembers his family and the countryside of Thavnair fondly. He is always eager to catch up on news with his countrymen, or to enjoy traditional Radz-at-Hani dance and music.

Like the title suggests, I'm open to just about anything at this point- Individual RP, themed linkshells, FCs that fit his character. I look forward to getting to know the FFXIV community, and getting to know you and your characters! 😊

I'm on PST right now, but soon to be EST indefinitely (in a couple of weeks). Evenings after 6 pm work best for me; I should be free almost any day of the week. You can contact me most easily at my discord handle (Sharnav#8774), or in game on Ghira'wo Habadiral himself. If you have a tumblr, you can message me at the one I linked above.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a char who might be interested, but I'd better sort out whether or not time is compatible first. I'm GMT +12, which, going by your time zone, would put me 4 hours behind you (and a day ahead of you). How late do you stay up? XD

Oh sorry I just saw this! Um I don't have a hard limit, I can definitely be flexible. According to the internet you're 16 hours ahead of me -- I could conceivably be on either in the morning or the evening, depending on what would work better for you. Why don't you shoot me a message on discord (assuming you have it) and we can talk more?