How to create tabs on wiki?

How do they make the tabs in the wiki?  I know how to do so using jqurey, but I'm not sure if it requires a specific class that I'm missing or a function that is specific to the wiki.  I only want to use 4 tabs to start out with.  So what exactly is the code you need to use to create a tab on the wiki?

Hello!

Mediawiki only allows a handful of HTML that it can sanitize and no external CSS or scripts. This is why you'll find people using a TON of inline CSS on div/span/table tags. 

We have two plugins available for tabs.

There's the Mediawiki Headertabs extension which converts headers into tabs.

= tab 1 =
content here
=tab 2 =
content here
=tab 3= 
content here
<headertabs />

We also have the Mediawiki Tabs plugin which is a lot more powerful, but also a bit more complex to set up. Most users using this plugin use the simple default tabs and the toggle box.

<tabs>
<tab name="tab1">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.</tab>
<tab name="tab2">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.</tab>
<tab name="tab3">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.</tab>
</tabs>

<!-- don't encapsulate this inside of <tabs></tabs> -->
<tab name="My Toggle Box">
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
</tab>

If you've got questions about either, please let me know! 

The <tab name="Main"></tab> seems easy enough to understand.  It has a lot of the same functionality as html.  

Also, How do you apply styles to a div class within the wiki?  The normal way to do so within html is either a external style sheet <link rel="stylesheet" href="main.css">, or with a inline style sheet <style > .content {width="70%"} </style>, or within the a <div width="70%"> </div>.  I've already figured out that you can't use inline style sheets on the wiki.  But I dislike doing that same thing 20 times.  

You'll need to do it completely inline per tag as classes aren't allowed. Part of thisi s because wiki pages are sent through a few different parsers before being stored/retrieved. If you know that something will be consistent, I'd probably wrap the whole thing a <div style=""> tag, which is what many have done. Unfortunately this type of behavior is something mediawiki supports, but does not actually recommend.