PS4 RP query

Kaiverta

Is it possible for someone to make a macro... or something >.>... that allows for saving RP logs on the PS4 - that can maybe then be emailed or something? I want to RP in FFXIV in my downtime but I don't want to lose the interactions that take place.

Unfortunately, there is not. PS4 players pretty much get screenshots or nothing. 

In-game macros also cannot interact with anything outside the game either, even for PC players. 

While the network data is -technically- the same, you'd need a computer to intercept and relay the data and a customized parser to log it, the latter still being considered a grey area no-no by SE. (But really, they only care if you talk about it in game and//or use it to harass another player, so a use-case like this would easily fly under the radar.)

Currently, your best shot is asking someone you RP with who has a PC to record those sessions for you.

On 12/8/2019 at 4:49 AM, Unnamed Mercenary said:

Unfortunately, there is not. PS4 players pretty much get screenshots or nothing. 

In-game macros also cannot interact with anything outside the game either, even for PC players. 

While the network data is -technically- the same, you'd need a computer to intercept and relay the data and a customized parser to log it, the latter still being considered a grey area no-no by SE. (But really, they only care if you talk about it in game and//or use it to harass another player, so a use-case like this would easily fly under the radar.)

Currently, your best shot is asking someone you RP with who has a PC to record those sessions for you.

Oh. Sad. :/

Well, thanks for the reply!