[ Balmung/Crystal ] Duskwight Researcher, Bookworm, and Botanist

spacer.png

Syranelle gnawed on her lower lip, sliding the book aside.  "What am I looking for in a contact?  Well, first and foremost, I am currently doing research on all the various races and city-states of Eorzea, both present and past.  I'm especially interested in the ruins in the Black Shroud and their ties to Gelmorra.  Oh, what's that?  Why...?  Well, I'll only divulge my reasoning to the right contacts.  We must all have our secrets, you know."

The Elezen maid smiles faintly, emerald eyes hooded briefly by a fringe of dark lashes as she lowers her gaze.  "Growing up in the wilds of Gridania, I didn't have much opportunity to explore the world-at-large; I stayed close to home, especially after the Calamity.  In recent years, though, that has much changed and I've seen much of the world, though there are still pockets of mystery that remain.  I thrive on exploration and discovery.

Ever a researcher, I'm no soldier, no warrior.  I've some moderate skill with healing, thanks to my work with some Free Companies in Eorzea.  Occasionally, I might be in need of some guards or security, but mostly I'm just looking to find a friendly face or two."

Notable Affiliations

These can be used as points of contact.

♦ Syranelle is seen often at Mealvaan's Gate in Limsa Lominsa, coming and going as she borrows various books.  

♦ Having done extensive healing-work in and around Gridania, characters with the Twin Adders may have encountered her at some point.

♦ She has been studying plants with the Botanist's Guild in Gridania, using the knowledge found there to augment her healing ability.

♦ She comes and goes from Ishgard quite a bit, having volunteered a lot of her time to helping to feed the less fortunate in Brume and assist with healing during the Battle for Ishgard.  

♦ Her Free Company maintains an estate in Shirogane at present, where it's well-known that she maintains an infirmary. Injured or wounded characters are welcome to seek her out.

What I'm Looking For...

Mostly just friendly folks to Roleplay with.  I'm not particular as to character race or background, though their interactions with Syranelle and how she reacts to them will ultimately determine their fate.  I'm wholly an "organic" roleplayer; I've never liked the idea of scripted relationships or allegiances, rather letting them grow as they will based on what happens in roleplay.

Long-term, short-term, I'm perfectly content with whatever time a person has to donate.  I'm more than happy to play a bit part in plots and personal stories.  However, don't expect me to play a villain, that's not in Syranelle's personality.  (Nor am I fond of playing the villain, because I'm bad at it.  )

What I'm NOT Looking For...

Drama Llamas. I'm not looking for drama or people who can't keep Characters separate from Players.  What happens in roleplay is just roleplay; it has no regard or reflection on you or me as people behind the keyboard.  Please, keep that in mind. 

Exclusivity. I don't expect to be anyone's sole source of RP and enjoyment, nor do I expect them to be mine. I enjoy having a robust friends list and being a social butterfly.

Any kind of romance.  Syranelle, as a character, is already very deeply committed to another character in the game and I'm not looking to play love-triangles or relationship drama.  

Passive Roleplayers. If you're the kind of person that always has to be approached, has to be given stories to write, or has to be prompted constantly to RP, then I'm not the roleplayer for you. I enjoy active, engaging characters and players who have as much interest in creating the story as I do. 

These are all deal-breakers.  I don't have the time or energy these days to cope with people that can't respect these boundaries.  

I am OKAY with...

♦ In-character Conflict.  Again, see the IC=/=OOC caveat.  Just because my character doesn't like or get along with yours doesn't mean I dislike you on a personal level.

♦ In-character Dungeons/Questing.  I thoroughly enjoy mixing PVE and RP!  I like using all of the world instead of just the city or specific taverns

I'm NOT OKAY with...

♦ Roll-based Combat.  I find it boring.  I'm sorry!  That's just how I feel.  If I want to play roll-based combat, that's what my D&D nights are for.  

♦ Excessive gore, violence, sexuality, or horror.  I may be older in age, but these "mature" themes aren't something I enjoy roleplaying with any regularity.

If you have questions or would like to add me to your Friends List, please don't hesitate to contact me -- or leave your in-game contact below and I'll contact you!

About Me
♦ I’ve been roleplaying for almost 30 years now. I love discussing roleplay ideas and implementing them. I’m not worried about “spoilers” or ruining immersion by discussing and planning storylines OOC. Planning ensures that everyone has a chance to contribute ideas that are fun for *them* so everyone has a good experience.

♦ I tend to be patient with people of all roleplay styles and experiences. Just be courteous if you need to AFK mid-RP for an extended period or reschedule the scene.

♦ I am a 40+ year old woman with severe Rheumatoid Arthritis. This means I may need to cancel plans last-minute depending on my pain levels/fatigue or I may need to leave mid-scene. This is NOT an indicator of interest – or lack thereof – I have a disease that needs careful tending and I have to listen to the needs of my body before anything else.

From Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, I'm usually online from 8pm (Eastern) until whenever I decide to log out for the night.  I don't have a day job anymore, so I keep pretty strange hours.  The latter half of the week, I tend to do Real Lifey things (D&D and Hubby Date Night, woo!) so I can be pretty hit-or-miss since things come up spontaneously.

Availability & Contact Information

Timezone: GMT/UTC -5 or Central (US) Time.

I’m mostly available from 8pm to 8am, Sunday through Tuesday. Beyond that, my schedule gets pretty unpredictable and difficult to manage.By preference, I enjoy in-game RP, but if scheduling is an issue I don't mind using other methods of play like Discord or even Googledocs, whatever works best!

Discord: theirontribe#1384 

Tumblr: https://roleplay-aficionado.tumblr.com/
Pillowfort:  https://www.pillowfort.social/roleplay-aficionado