RPC Mentorship Program ( PLEASE READ FIRST POST )

Ehhh, don't think the OP is kept updated anymore (first poster last logged in June), but I thought I would drop a line in here just in case newbies still browse through the thread. :) BECAUSE I LIKE HELPING, YAY.

Server: Balmung

Primary Linkshell: Limsa Lominsa Event Planning

Characters: Zhavi Streetrunner

Style of Roleplay: Heavy immersion, involved plots, strong character development, intrigue, criminal scum doing criminal things

Strongest Skills: Brainstorming, coming up with fun romps to go on, one-on-one rps, helping people find rp.

Hey, I'm Kat. I've been rping in some way or another for about thirteen years through MUDs, forums, and MMOs. I enjoy helping people to find their stride and get involved, and while I am not always successful I do like to think that I am helpful more often than not. (results may vary : x)

My current character is locked to Limsa Lominsa by choice, so anyone interested in getting involved in my own personal brand of crazy would need to have their character in Limsa if they want help from a strictly ic sense. However, I can help oocly too; I spend a lot of time on the forums and have a good general idea of what opportunities are available where. I know how to get rp started, so as long as the mentee is willing to follow through I'd be willing to help point him or her in the right direction to get better involved with the community and find some solid rp footing.

If, however, you're interested in my help icly, please do note that I tend to get involved in dark, serious rps. My character is a criminal, and so most of my rp centers around . . . people who aren't necessarily good. Lot of room for moral grey area. If that interests you, by all means hit me up!

Please send me a pm if you're interested. I don't bite most of the time. ;D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello! I'm completely new to roleplaying on FFXIV and it looks like fun, so I want to give it a shot, but I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out what to do and where to start. I'm not used to roleplaying on MMOs at all, so this is entirely new to me. I'm not sure how active the mentors on the list are, but if you are and are willing to help a newbie in Ul'dah, feel free to send me a message on here on in-game (Faolan Donne).

I do have experience roleplaying on forums and I am a writer, so I at least know the basics of roleplaying and character stuff in general. I have been playing FFXIV on Leviathan for about a year now, so I am already familiar with the game itself as well (and some of the lore, but I never played 1.0 oops). I am still an active player on Leviathan and am part of an FC there, but I decided to start a new character on Balmung because the RP community is larger here (I don't even know if anyone on Levi RPs lol).

I am already in an FC here on Balmung, but they don't really do any roleplaying at all. If you have a linkshell you'd like me to join, that's fine.

Anyway, if you'd like to help a newbie in the FFXIV RP community, feel free to message me!

I'd very much like to offer myself up as a mentor! I don't know if this post is updated anymore, but I'll just leave this here:

Server: Balmung

Primary Linkshell: Harbingers of Dawn

Characters: Faye Covington, X'unmei Noh, Shadiyah Amari, Aelius Corinthius.

Style of Roleplay: Semi-Para/Para/Multi-Para. Med-heavy. Absolutely all genres!

Strongest Skills: Spelling/grammar, RP etiquette, introductory lore, connections, fleshing out biographies, creating well-rounded, believable, and intriguing characters.

Hello, I'm Faye! I'm 22 years old and pursuing a degree and hopeful career in creative writing. I've been role-playing nearly a decade now and dabbling in everything from chatrooms, forums, private messages, MMO's, tabletop games and even LARP. I've been a mentor to role-players in the past and have even written up a couple short guides on the basics of RP. 

I've done everything from creating my own RP forums, to being an admin in the RP chatroom of a text-based MMORPG, to leading RP FC's/guilds and helping out in RP related linkshells. I've played FFXIV since launch and I've played MMO's for almost three years now. I'm in the EST timezone and I'm generally online during the evenings/late night/wee hours of the morning.