RPC Mentorship Program ( PLEASE READ FIRST POST )

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Server: Balmung

Primary Linkshell: Crimson Phoenix/Spectrum Guard/Night Shift

Characters: Have a few but my main will be Kira Fia, a Keeper Miqo'te

Style of Roleplay: I tend to be all over the map with RP, but always have strong stories and connections in my characters.

Strongest Skills: While I'm still working on making sure I'm up-to-date on 1.0 I'm very strong in the lore of the Final Fantasy Universe at large, and have about 15 years of various RP experience, ranging from table top to LARP to MMO rp.

There's tons I could put here but I'm a firm believer in having someone learn about my characters through interaction with them, so as not to run into accidental meta-ing or just confusion on what's known IC vs OOC.

Mentees: Barios

Primary Linkshell: None, as of yet.

Characters: Kaln Valstien

Style of Roleplay: Medium/Heavy. Present tense. I find it flows best, talking about what your character is -doing- and -does-, rather than what they -did-.

Strongest Skills: Description. I pride myself on the amount of detail I've been able to put into physical descriptions of characters, as well as my posts. I'm also fairly adept at writing in general.. Helping you figure out your style, personalities, the feel you want to give off with your posts. 

I've always looked at RP as writing a book, co-op style. I type fast, I don't think about what I'm posting, opting to just let it flow instead. I'll do just about any kind of roleplay.. It's more limited by player than style. Some people will have a vocabulary that annoys me. An example being.. Using 'slang' terms for words, instead of what they are. Ask for specifics, in that regard."]I've been RPing for in the area of 15 years, through various mediums. AOL chat rooms, muds, mucks (Text based games, no graphics at all), WoW, Age of Conan, Tabula Rasa, Hellgate: London, various other games. Forums for various 'realms' such as the Elder Scrolls, D&D, World of Darkness, GaiaOnline back in the day..

I'm 24, I'm a little jaded, but I love to RP.. I take pride in it, it's important to me. It's a hobby.

If you're interested in maybe sharing my passion, hit me up. I'll help out in any and every way I can.

• 3 weeks later...

Primary Linkshell: The Knights of the Twelve

Characters: Isielin Danar'i, Ioshi von Silver, Nica Locke

Style of Roleplay: Forum, in-game, and Skype. Emotional, realistic RP with a healthy dash of comedy, action, drama, and (sometimes, depending on the character) romance.

Strongest Skills: Writing. RP terminology and conventions. Giving constructive and positive feedback, and working well with others.

Weakest Skills: Lore. If you want a lore-hound, seek another mentor =). I'm pretty good at finding out answers, and creating workarounds for fitting into the lore, but there are people out there far better at the lore aspect than me.

You want a cheerleader in your corner. Someone who is happy to work with you, support you, and work hard to see you succeed! I have a lot of writing experience, in depth knowledge of what does and doesn't make a scene or character work, as well as a growing network of friends willing to help nurture your growth as well. Successful RP is all about confidence! With a little confidence, you and your characters will shine bright!

I also tendto stick to neutral and good alignments. No villains please. I know how to write a good villain, but don't have the heart to RP one, and thats an important distinction. My characters tend to have good intentions, even if its self-centered good.

Server: Gilgamesh

Primary Linkshell: The Silver Anvil

Characters: Yeldir Melfusor

Style of Roleplay: Any.

I like big social events and off color humor as much as serious and introspective storylines. You'll find me doing everything on Gilgamesh.

Strongest Skills: Making game lore work for you, and not against you, figuring out plot twists months in advance (and writing to pre-emptively accomodate them), teaching the finer points social etiquette on roleplay servers.

Hi! I've been roleplaying on and off for about fifteen years now, with a variety of characters. From my hilarious beginning in a Pokemon chat room, back when I was young and perky in the early 2000's, to the somber tale of self-discovery and ancient secrets that is Yeldir Melfusor's story. I can show you how to party, or how to write a lore-friendly story that draws on long forgotten quest text from 1.0.

I've made a special study of lore relating to the mysterious relationship between the lost empire of Allag, Mor Dhona, Sharlayan, the Primals, and the mysterious Ascians. Ohh, you can bet your sweet Lalafell arse that they're all related, and poised to raise calamity that makes Bahamut toasting the canopy off The Black Shroud seem disinteresting by comparison. 2.0 will be a wild ride, and I can help you write your way into it.

I've also written a manual on roleplay etiquette and troll disarmament strategies. If you haven't browsed it already, please do:

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=3384

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for anyone who's willing to mentor on lore. I've tried looking through the list of mentors here, but... I'm a little too indecisive to really choose x.x

Regardless, I'm trying to stick to Balmung. I'm new to Eorzea, but I have about eight years experience with RP--mostly MMO RP with about a year and a half of forum RP. I just need somebody to help me sort through the lore available as there is so much; it's overwhelming and I have no idea where to start.

Anyone willing to help with some kind of backstory would be appreciated as well, if at least to give criticism on it in the end.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I have looked at all of the available people willing to Mentor and I seem to be indecisive. Therefore, I decided to post here and ask who would be comfortable taking me on as a pupil. I have played RPGs my entire life and I fell in love with this specific game type due to the incredible stories and character dialog. While playing any RPG(specifically MMOs in this case) my character naturally assumes an identity of its own. I pull from my own personality and add traits or make decisions that I myself wouldn't necessarily make. I would like to take this to the next level and create a persona in FFXIV. My current problem is Role Playing knowledge and lack of a community to become familiar with, and then hopefully integrate into.

What you are working with: I am a stickler on Grammar and would like to become part the of Lore, I do not mind if others weave whatever fantastic tales, but I would like to fit in to the FFXIV World that is currently in existence. I would like to stay away from any "Lore Breaking"(I think is the term) personal stories or instances where parts of the world/lore/races/etc. are tweaked beyond what could be realistically believable. Also I would most likely create a new character so I may keep my in game objectives separate and not have the extra trouble of having to switch between Role Playing and being myself with already established friends.

That being said, as a newcomer to Active Role Playing I do not know what I will like and what I will not like in terms of *Adventure/Tavern/Story Arc/Fighting/Relationships/etc. and I believe this is what I will need help with the most. Which is why I chose to Post rather than request a specific Mentor.

I can already tell you that I will gravitate towards more Mature and Serious players and stories as that is how I myself am and what I will be interested in. If you have any questions concerning my IRL personality or any questions at all I am an open book. Please leave me a message here, my E-mail [email protected]   or  [email protected], or feel free to hunt me down in game   Server: Balmung     IGN: Exo Zone.  Thank you for your time and your consideration.        -Exo  AKA S.A.M

Hello there! I'm an extremely indecisive person. Seriously, I'll probably spend the entire evening on the character creation screen before making an impulse decision. I am entirely new to Final Fantasy, have never played it before. So this is my first time. Any mentor with the patience to work with me I would love to be able to be a part of the RP community of FFXIV as I learn the game and the lore and even the story. A mentor of any sort would be most welcome.

I'm aware that the number of people interested in mentorship seems to be filled with indecisive or new people, and I have to admit that I am indecisive as well, and almost equally spontaneous. I've created dozens of characters only to delete them within a week of their creation. I have two characters that have survived the purge but seeing as how I recently discovered what servers are geared toward RP, I may or may not decide to transfer them when the possibility is present. As far as my ability to RP actually goes, I've read some of the stories posted in these forums and can say without question that I am not on the level of creative skill or talent. I tend to lose interest in things quickly unless I manage to stay involved constantly, and am unable to see where a certain plot is going. In other words, I'm likely going to be difficult if not annoying to work with for someone who cares so much about training new people and seeing them progress. If I still seem like a possible candidate for proper RP education to any mentors, then by all means, let me know. I'll be glad to start new on either Gilgamesh or Balmung. I just don't want to be searching the servers for an RP community for a long amount of time as I become dissuaded if I don't see anything on the horizon. My apologies on this ridiculously pessimistic and potentially depressing post, but I'm somewhat hungry and tired, and tend to make poor decisions with little regard for the repercussions. Also potatoes, horse shoes, and gilded monkeys. Thanks for reading, and may you soon find relief from this absurd divulgence of rather thoughtless information. :frustrated:

• 4 weeks later...

Server: Balmung. I'm in the UK, so I play mostly during European evenings.

Primary Linkshell: The Traveling Templar

Characters: Brynhilde Wulf

Style of Roleplay: Varies. I'm in-character about 80% of the time, the general exceptions being when I'm in a party or pick-up-group. I enjoy everything from mundane and casual to improvisational and dramatic RP, but tend to avoid IC fights unless they're planned ahead of time. I like to take a long-term view in terms of character development.

Strongest Skills: I have a good understanding of what drives a story forward, and am particularly good at helping to resolve niggling plot issues.

I have almost a decade of RPing experience, most of it from Final Fantasy XI where I led the Light's Templar RP linkshell on the Phoenix server.

I'm happy to help people build and develop their characters and story lines, and to offer advice and guidance on all aspects of RP. My character, Brynhilde, is a friendly sort, so she serves as a good 'portal' into RP for new characters.

To me, RP is all about the three 'C's: Communication, consideration and collaboration.

I live just north of London, so as a mentor I'd be better suited either to Europeans, or anyone in North America who plays during the day.

If you'd like my as a mentor, simply either PM me on the forums here, or send me a /tell in-game.

Happy adventuring!

Primary Linkshell: Astral Aegis

Characters: Kieaira Nightsong

Style of Roleplay: Paragraph Roleplay, In-game-One on One/Small Groups, Forum Roleplay, Skype

Strongest Skills: Detail - I prefer to write at least a paragraph per post, and enjoy others that do the same. Creating Plot - I am good with coming up with plots, and adding confrontations to keep the RP interesting (Mostly done through Forum/Skype RP)

Hello! I am Kieaira, I am 27 and I live in Canada, EST. I am online mostly on weekdays, not so much weekends (At least for the time being) I have been roleplaying for over 15 years, started on Livejournal playing as Sailor Moon, and moved into WoW, which I played for 8 years (mainly Roleplaying as a Blood Elf Priestess), before moving here.

I prefer one on one or small groups when it comes to in-game, and I am more than happy to RP through party chat, or linkshell while leveling, or meeting up in game for face to face RP. I do enjoy forum RP, and have a current story going on here: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=4888&pid=61519#pid61519.

I also enjoy blogging about my Roleplay experiences, which can be found here: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kieairanightsong

• 1 month later...

Hello new to FFXIV and am looking for a mentor to help me settle into RP in this game. I love to RP almost anything I do and have some experience with RP table top games. I love telling a story with my character and have fun doing so. I am on the Bulmag server and could use some help as far as learning the lore, and just getting into the RP style of MMO's, maybe help learning the game cause I am new, and even find a good RP group as well. If you want to message me in game my toons name is Geek Otaku and like I said I am on Balmung server thank you have a good day.

Primary Linkshell: True Connections

Characters: Erik Mynhier

Style of Roleplay: Light to heavy, Tavern/open world, In-game-One on One, Small Groups, specializing in multi-main actors and stories, Intrigue being the stock in trade.

Strongest Skills: Having contact with people throughout the server, I can hook people up.

Everything you need to know about Erik is in his

wiki. It is updated often.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Server: Balmung

Primary Linkshell: N/A

Primary Free Company: Arcadeus

Characters: Ellaria Althene, Anelia Sadowyn

Style of Roleplay: Heavy. Ellaria is a very outgoing and blunt type of character who will give nothing but a worthy advice. She wishes for nothing but a friendly relations with everyone. Anelia is a very lawful good paladin who wants to set up an ideal mind for everyone what is righteous and justified. She is very kind to everyone, but also ruthless to one who commits crime.

Strongest Skills: Basic Lores, and basic information. I am also very helpful if needed regarding dungeons, strategies of fights against bosses or primal. Crafting/FATE/Party assistance is always available to the new members who maybe new to FFXIV.

• 2 months later...

Hi Hi! 

I'm a bit new to rping in the world of FFXIV soooooo I'm kind of looking for a mentor here. I am a very experienced role player, especially in lit. but I always feel a bit awkward and shy about the 'settings' I guess you could say, that I'm not really experienced with-- Well, I'm very experienced with Fantasy Rping but when it comes down to all the lore/history of XIV I feel really awkward since I'm not well experienced. I don't want to just jump right out there and make myself look like an idiot... Not to mention I don't even know where to start. Since I'm pretty person awkward-- Even though my characters may not be, It's still a bit heard for me to just jump into things head first. You know what I mean? 

I like to role play in styles of 1x1 to medium to large groups (as long as everyone's on the same page and doesn't jumble up everything) I can handle different stories going on at once with my character (and I even make sure  to refer to another story while in one unless certain circumstances like it happened in the past of something)

I usually try to long on every day. If you're interested in swooping me up and mentoring me-- You can contact me in-game (Canaan Azure) or message me on here. I dont mind, either way. c: