Fellowships - Will there be an official HRPC one?

Blue

Hello everyone, good to see you all again. I'm back from a Hiatus and am shocked to see how many new things this game has!

I'm very intrigued by the Fellowship system. My friend says it isn't very useful, but I think it has some potential. Maybe it could be a good idea to make a HRPC fellowship where people can advertise RP FCs, RP LSs, look for RP, and announce events. Of course I know all these things are already on here, but I'm positive that there's also people who don't know of this community yet, or simply don't feel like coming on an external site as they play.

What do you think? Could it be a nice addition to the community's tools?

This was recently asked in the Linkshell Hall forum too. I'll copy my response from there:

For the most part, the RPC tries to stay out of making RPC-endorsed groups or "official" RPC groups like discords, social media accounts, or in-game groups like Linkshells, Free Companies, or Fellowships due to both member number limits and the need for moderation of those groups. While I understand that making such a thing with the site's name/branding is does out of good intentions, it opens up a can of worms if say, Player A doesn't like something going in a group made by Player B and blames the entire site as a whole when the staff here had nothing to do with it. We have in the past asked other groups using "Hydaelyn Roleplayers Coalition" as their titles to please make a unique name to various extents as we cannot actually enforce it. (Roleplay Mateus / RPM was an example where things were sorted out amicably!)

TLDR: Please do not make "official" RPC discords, LSes, FCs, or fellowships as that gets us into hot water. 

There is a fellowship on Crystal maintained by @Erah'sae for the Balmung/Mateus/Crystal Events Calendar.

On 3/7/2020 at 8:27 AM, Unnamed Mercenary said:

This was recently asked in the Linkshell Hall forum too. I'll copy my response from there:

There is a fellowship on Crystal maintained by @Erah'sae for the Balmung/Mateus/Crystal Events Calendar.

Given the limited implementation of the fellowships, the event calendar fellowship doesn't see much traction.   The messages are really short, there are no notifications to posts, only when the announcements are changed.  I kind of just monitor it to make sure no one is spamming messages about their crotchular region.

There are also more discord servers the event calendar is in than there are member slots for a fellowship, so it's still rather limiting in reach as well.

• 1 month later...