Hello, im new to ffxiv rp!

HEY! my name is Leo and im completely new to ffxiv rp, thus the title. ive wanted to start rping ffxiv characters and in game for a while now, but after a recent breakup with a toxic partner, ive finally found time. Ive been roleplaying since i was a kid, and have always loved it. i have bunch of experience as a roleplayer, but not much particularly as a ffxiv roleplayer. i hope to get more experience and find new friends and groups along the way!

My only current character is Chain Gates, whose carrd i already have finished writing, which can be found here: https://chainxiv.carrd.co/

im gonna make more characters soon, i plan to make an alt on a more populated server, as i play on Odin only right now. Said alt might be a hyur guy :]

if you have any tips on how to go about  making an alt and stuff, getting glamour for rp and unlocking content and such please lmk!!

im probably aiming to be a medium type of roleplayer, as im not that interested in roleplay yet, but im still interested enough to be very passionate and get in character!

my other hobbies outside the game include drawing and writing! i love to make characters and draw them in different situations. ive been drawing for about 8 years now, and am pretty experienced on said subject, as it is my special interest as well. i love also building character stories and personalities, as its fun for me to immerse myself in said things!

thats all i think, idk what else to put on here... i hope to make some new friends and have fun roleplaying! thanks for reading!

Edited by lonelyapartments

Welcome to FFXIV! Honestly the best things to keep up with to start--and honestly throughout--within the game are Story quests and your Class and/or Job quests! Going through story is what will unlock a bunch of content for you!

Glamour is thankfully now unlocked much earlier on, and is collected in all sorts of different ways, from dungeon drops, crafting (or buying on the marketboard), raids, etc. The Glamour Dresser is your friend when it comes to making outfits called Glamour Plates. Which is basically a loadout and costs one glamour prism to apply to currently equipped armor. 

Your card looks great! 

Welcome to RP in FFXIV, Leo!

Writing and illustration can help when developing RP characters and those characters can provide material for new art projects! FFXIV is a very inspiring setting and I hope your time in Hydaelyn sends your imagination soaring! \o/