Old RPer, new to FFXIV RPing!

Hey everyone! Great to finally make my way over. I'm a 25-year-old American nerd in EST trying to make my way in the FFXIV world. 

I've actually been doing text roleplay for a loooong time, over half my life now, since I was a barely-teenager on Gaia Online. Back in the day, a few of us would put "RP" in our Gaia names and set up rooms in one of the Flash games and use the chatroom to RP. Some local weebs and I would also do ridiculous RP on AIM and such too! I've come a long way since, doing plenty of forum, chat, and GDocs RPing. MMO-wise, I spent a ton of time roleplaying in The Secret World (before its free-to-play swap) in more extensive long-term campaigns and partnerships. One horror scenario even went 50k words.

Done with bragging — I came to FFXIV because all my friends and colleagues were buzzing about it. I've come to love it since I started back in September, but I promised myself I wouldn't RP or such until I hit endgame. (I have 400 hours in TSW and never hit endgame...) And now that I'm a level 80 Black Mage, I figured I might as well get settled into RPing! I found RPC through Google and decided it'd be a good place to start, especially since my luck has been low in-game, and forums are probably a better vector for what I'm looking for anyway. 

Generally, I'm hoping to RP similarly to how I did in the other MMO, with a mix of casual encounters and long-term RP partnerships! The main is from Diabolos, where I'm trying to work on endgame content, but I've also booted up an alt on Balmung so I can look into FCs and such. 

I'm using my main, A'etalia Rhel, to roleplay right now and even have a Carrd for her already. I tend to play good-aligning characters, and for now A'etalia's no different. But my deep secret (not really) is that I love edgy/mature stuff and see "good" characters as decent vectors for plot. But I'm flexible~ And I may make more neutral/evil-leaning toons down the line. 

And finally, I love talking about myself :P

Hope to have some fun here and in Eorzea! (And set up a cool signature like it's 2008 Gaia...) 

Edited by riningear

Hello there, welcome! I remember the good ol' days of silly RP on AIM with RL pals. Congrats on 80 and I hope you'll have a good time jumping into RP here!

Welcome to the RPC @riningear o/

Ahh yes, Gaia and AIM RPing. I never got very far in Gaia but I do remember the days of using messenger chat programs for RPing. X3  I envy the time you were able to put into The Second World. I never got out of second gear with that game because I was knee deep into other MMOs, but I've always heard great things about it. 

I hope you find your footing and have a wonderful time RPing in FFXIV! 😊