New to FFXIV and interested in Rp'ing.

Hello! I am a new player brought in thanks to the free 30-days offer but so far I am enjoying the game plenty to be looking forward to buying expansions/Subscriptions however I am quite fresh to it all and I always been interested in the Roleplay side of things as well.

I am looking for someone to just chat with and maybe teach me the ropes around Eorzea and how Rp goes in an MMO.

Thank you for your time in reading this!

Welcome to FFXIV and the RPC 😊  

A popular recommendation I've heard is to observe RPing in the game to get an idea of how it normally flows. It'll help familiarize you with the use of some basic RP typing conventions such as the use of /emote when your character is performing an action or brackets (( when typing something out of character ))

There's a Making Connections section here as well where people post information about their characters and the type of RP they're looking for. 

Hey, thanks!~ 

I will make sure to watch out for other Roleplayers then to get a few pointers of how it works. But I also have little to no idea of which server I should make a character on or if there are any 'extra rules' when it comes to making a character. 

Which Data Center will you be using? If you're creating a character on a North American Data Center then Crystal is the most popular choice for RPing.

You won't have to worry as much about the server selection since you'll be able to visit any server on your chosen Data Center. That being said, servers which have a gold star next to them are currently listed as preferred server. So if you make a character on them you'll get an experience boost from level 1 to 70. :D

Hey there and welcome aboard to the RPC! o/

The best place to "lamp" (eavesdrop on RP- like a street lamp) is in Ul'dah on Balmung. There's typically tons of roleplayers in and around the city, and you can easily get within listening distance just to get familiar with the whole deal. 

Hello there, welcome! :) Crystal Data Center is where the bulk of the RP is. If you can make a character on Balmung or if not Mateus, those two servers have the most RP FC's and LS's. Fortunately thanks to world visits, if you have to play on another server, as long as it's on the Crystal Data Center, you can still server hop to RP! Feel free to let us know any questions you have!

Edited by Faye

I ended up creating the character on Mateus (might need to make a character post on the forum at some point), is there any sort of problem on that? I just noticed that Balmung definitely has a lot more Rp things happening. Though, I did manage to 'lamp' a bit on U'ldah to get a good idea of how it works. 

On 5/28/2020 at 2:42 PM, RoyalBraat said:

I ended up creating the character on Mateus (might need to make a character post on the forum at some point), is there any sort of problem on that? I just noticed that Balmung definitely has a lot more Rp things happening. Though, I did manage to 'lamp' a bit on U'ldah to get a good idea of how it works. 

Not at all! As Moon Type mentioned, you can use the World Visit feature to attend any events on Balmung or just find others to RP with there. Balmung may have more RP FC's and LS's, but Mateus is the secondary "unofficial" RP server, so it should still have plenty of options for you. :)