Brand New Player!

Hi, everyone! My name is Angie, I'm 30 and living in the U.S. and Japan with my wife Ástrid and our husband Koji! ♥ (No, you didn't read wrong, we're a trio... I talk about my little family a lot, so I feel this is important to point out.) A big part of our little family are our four cats, bird, rabbit, snake and spider. They're our babies! I'm a gamer, geek, artist (...well, trying to be), blogger, Witch, Heathen and Pagan. Now that my introduction is out of the way, here's a bit more about my MMORPG and FFXIV interests!

I've been playing MMORPGs since Guild Wars (the original one) and absolutely love them. I've played as many as I possibly can, some for a long time and others for a day. ^_^; I'll admit that my favorite is Age of Wushu, where world PvP and dueling is huge and while I wanted a game with that aspect, I couldn't help but like FFXIV's clothing, housing and characters. I'll admit that I don't know the lore yet, but all of my characters including my main (a lancer named Rin Iuchi who will be from Shirogane if that's lore appropriate) will be IC whenever I'm doing... Well... Anything! Though I'm happy to stand around and talk in (( ))s to new friends.

I do wonder if Rin's place of birth / living is lore friendly, being from Shirogane, so if anyone can tell me, that'd be great. ^_^ Oh yes, I'm on Mateus and part of the Discord! But I might make a character or two on Balmung as well, to experience both of the RP communities. 

Well, that's my... Rather long introduction. ^_^; Thank you for reading and I'm so excited to be here, even if it's a little daunting at first. ^_^; 

Hiya, Angie, and welcome aboard! ^_^ 

You could check out some lore videos on YouTube or grab one of the lore books sold by Square Enix, but just playing the game and talking to NPCs will provide you with plenty of information about the setting. The Job quests and crafting and gathering quests also help flesh out the setting. Even minions, mounts and the very items used for crafting have little tid-bits of information that tell us more about the people and places of FFXIV. ^.^

Edited by Moon Type