New player to FF & wishing to join the RP community

Hi there! I'm Anthony, or DoctorBacca for most my usernames. I currently live in Central Standard Time Zone and dont really have a certian time im usually on right now.

MMORPG Experience: Comparatively, I haven't been playing MMORPGs for long. I started playing World of Warcraft when my friend convinced me back in 2018, in the Legion expac. I've kept with it, playing almsot religously, until recently where I'm experiencing some burn out. I found FF14 and decided to give it a try. After experiencing the world and mechanics, I see that its rich for RP experiences and decided to find a RP community.

RP Experience: I have a decent amount of general RP experience but not inside an MMO. I didn't try to get into the community in WOW cause I didn't see enough of a reason for me to. However, I play and have DM'ed multiple Dungeons and Dragons games along with a couple other TTRPGs while also RPing in a private chat with friends who have created an entire world and history over the last 9 years.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Being realistic, I don't really know how much I'll be RPing. I would like to say medium to heavy RPing but it depends on the character. There will be days where I just want to do progression content for another character. I am open to most kinds of RP (ERP is a no-go) and I do intend to have a seperate character for RP and another for getting to and doing end game content. My character is created on Exodus but I am open to moving a character to a different server if either need-be or if it just has a better community for the character. At the moment, with everything going on irl, I don't have work but that can change any day so I can't say what kind of schedule I'll have.

Charater: Her name is Nyx Morvayn. She is an Au Ra Raen Blacksmith who dables in adventuring. Her weapons of choice are two handed axes or swords (Currently Maurader eventually a Dark Knight) She has been a recurring character of mine for a very long time and she is always my first introductory character due to the fact that I'm very comfortable with her story and style. I'm still learning and understanding Eozrea lore to fully fit her in, but here is the general specifics of her story.

She was born into a merchantile family and grew up in her father's, a blacksmith, footsteps. Her mother was an ex-adventurer who told Nyx these grand tales of her adventures. Nyx stuck with the blacksmithing trade but always dreamed of becoming an adventurer and earning fame and fortune doing heroic deeds. She is very protective of those she befriends and she would instictively throw herself in front of them against an adversary. As her father taught her the trade her mother passed but with her death, a spark ignited in Nyx and she set out to adventure in her mother's name; crafting her own armor and weapons, using the strength she earned from working a forge, and her instinctualy bravery she sought out to mark her name in the stone of ages.

The story is purposfully left bare bones to have her fit into most settings but with some help and guidence her story will become more fleshed out. Again, she is on Exodus right now but i might think to recreate her on a different server if it fits the community better. I hope to get to know many of you and really invest in the community. Stay Stong!

EDIT: I recreated her on Mateus to be on the same server as my friend.

Edited by DoctorBacca