Greetings!

Owls

Greetings everyone! I'm Owls. 

I'm relatively new to FFXIV as I'm only 3 months in and haven't finished the entire game storyline yet. I only just finished Stormblood at the time of this post and am doing the patches right now. I didn't realise that a lot of roleplay happens in Mateus/Balmung, so I went to join my friends on Zalera. I have plans to create a character in Mateus/Balmung for this purpose if strongly recommended however! I've never actually roleplayed in-game. 

• MMORPG background

There's a distant memory of WoW, Maplestory, some EVE online and a dash of Guild Wars 2 here and there, but I have to say none quite captured me quite as much as FFXIV. Single-player RPGs were more my thing. 

• RP experience

6-8 years on and off. I ended up focusing more on D&D/various tabletop campaigns and illustration instead of written roleplay for a while. 

• Character ideas/info

Here are some... vague ideas I have so far. I'm not too sure how people go about sticking their characters into the world. Perhaps instead of having a singular Warrior of Light, what if it was plural and there were two/multiple for the sake of a modified roleplay universe? I'm fairly adaptable to whatever ideas or how other people like to do it. I suppose I can also write as existing characters in the world as well.

Laurellien Vessaile: Ishgardian Elezen. Despite his leanings toward pragmatism, Laurellien can be swayed by passionate--and sometimes totally blind--optimism more often than he'd like to admit. He wears a stone-faced personality out of habit than something that occurs to him all that naturally. Ever since his younger brother left Ishgard, the entire weight of his family and house ended up on his shoulders. (I left most details vague just so he is easily slotted into any ideas/worlds, whether he's high-born, low-born or that he gets to also leave Ishgard for an adventure for whatever reason.)

I otherwise would really enjoy playing a GNB, WHM or RDM character - I played through those quest lines into level 70 and have quite a few ideas there too. Anyway, the point is I'm down for a lot of things! I'll just need to delve more into the lore. 

• How did you learn about the coalition?

Excitement and some Google searches. 

• What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy)

Although I have no idea what this is referring to, I like to think that I'm fairly easy-going and versatile. I just can't produce massive novellas due to time constraints. 

• Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc.)

I'm in my twenties, studying and working in the healthcare/medical field so I'd prefer not to disclose too much publicly if that's okay! Otherwise, I'm in Oceania (Australia/NZ). I'm a fan of sci-fi, a meme-loving shitlord and a very excitable illustrator who's always looking to get inspired enough to draw again. 

Lovely to meet you all! I look forward to hearing back. 

Edited by Owls

Hello there, Owls, welcome! :) Thanks to the world visit feature, you'll be able to enjoy plenty of RP as long as you're on the Crystal Data Center, so playing on Zalera is just fine. The only downside is you'll have less RP FC's to choose from there, if that's a concern. Otherwise, you can visit events or hang out with people on any server on Crystal!

21 hours ago, Owls said:
  • What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy)

Although I have no idea what this is referring to, I like to think that I'm fairly easy-going and versatile. I just can't produce massive novellas due to time constraints. 

Hey there, Owls! I think this question mostly refers to how active an RPer you plan to be--do you just want to RP here and there, or will you want to find RP every time you log in, prioritizing it over content more often than not?  

Like Faye said, unless you're looking to join an FC for RP purposes, being on Zalera isn't going to be a problem. Just World Hop over to Balmung/Mateus if you feel like looking for some open RP :D That said, I've seen some players on Zalera with their RP status on too. Feel free to reach out sometime if you're looking for someone help you get a feel for your character, or if you just want someone to help brainstorm with you :) 

Cheers!