Greetings

vhamelin

Hello folks.  I'm normally not comfortable releasing my real name, but for now, just simply call me Vee. 

I'm happy to have found a place to mix roleplay and MMORPGs.  Here's a bit of info about me.

I have been playing MMORPGs on and off since 2006-2007.  I have been in a variety of different MMORPGs  (STO, WoW, ESO, DCUO, Champions Online, PSO2, SWTOR, etc.)  Most of the time I'm attempting to establish myself and hoping for interactions, but tend to fall short on them.  I'm hoping to eventually fix that issue. 

As far as RP experience goes, I have been actively involved with RPing for 18 years.  I first got into the experience in April of 2002 when Yahoo! Messenger was still fairly hot and did some tabletop rpgs along the way starting in October of 2001 starting with D&D 2nd Edition.  Since Yahoo! dropped out, I did try other mediums as well.  Myspace, other messengers, emails, etc.  Unfortunately, a lot of them started to fizzle out.

For character ideas, mine vary depending on the inspiration.  Currently, I'm running Kamil Dowonna; a character from The 7th Saga (Also known as Elnard in Japan), an RPG developed by Enix prior to the merger with Squaresoft.  I wanted to see if I could possibly utilize the overall story arc from the RPG (which will contain spoilers for those unfamiliar with the game), and provide a new chapter into the characters life.  I'm hoping to develop a few original concepts in the future as well.

I learned about the coalition doing a search for Final Fantasy XIV Online rp sites.  This came up in the search.  I'm glad to see that forums are still used for social networking in the roleplaying community.  It's nice to be able to use the format as a backup i ncase something goes wrong with the MMORPG servers.

Experience wise, my roleplaying style is more driven based on whom I run into and interact with.  My social skills unfortunately tend to cause problems from time to time, and I've bee trying to utilize rping as a means to get past some of the challenges I face in real life.  Maybe inspire others along the way.

As far as real life goes, I'm pretty private about that stuff.  Perhaps down the road if things progress I may reveal some things over time.  

Currently, I run Kamil in Jenova and Maetus servers.  I had to start over in Maetus unfortunately but I would be delighted to get some help moving along with the storylines eventually.

Hopefully I'll see you folks around.