Returning player looking for a new home

Sei

Hello everyone! I recently resubscribed after nearly two years away from the game, and I'm looking for people to play with, both for RP and regular progression (and ideally, both at the same time), so I figured I'd introduce myself. I go by Neiev, but you can also call me Kit. I initially started playing FFXIV when it was relaunched with ARR, so I'm not new to the game itself, but I do have quite a bit to catch up on and no longer have any contacts active in game. I used to be on Balmung, but my main highest level characters are now on Odin, with some others on Siren; I'd totally be willing to move at least one back to one of the main NA RP worlds or to create new ones to play with some nice people. Update: Done — back to Balmung it is!

MMORPG background:

I first started with WoW shortly after Wrath of the Lich King was released. Other than WoW and FFXIV, I've also played Guild Wars 2, Star Wars: The Old Republic, and dabbled in The Secret World, ArcheAge, Rift and WildStar, among others. I still occasionally play WoW and GW2, but I'm hoping to make FFXIV my main MMO for the time being.

RP experience:

On and off since 2008-2009, so... around 10-12 years overall? I've always done at least some casual RP in all MMOs, and occasionally some forum RP.

Character ideas/info:

I haven't quite decided what/who I'll be playing yet, since I've only just returned. My characters are typically not particularly powerful, or if they happen to be, they definitely don't brag about it; I usually prefer playing sidekick/mentor/guide-type characters and assisting others with their stories to being in the spotlight.

How did you learn about the coalition?:

That was a looong time ago, so I don't really remember. Probably through some other players back then?

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy):

I tend to adjust my IC activity level to match the people I'm playing with; I would love to spend most of my in-game time IC, but I'm also totally fine with casual RP. If I happen to be OOC, I'll gladly go IC if asked or walked up to. However, I don't much care for tavern RP (you usually won't find me there), and I am not interested in ERP or gore. I also strongly prefer in-game RP to forum RP.

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc.):
Let's see... I'm in the early stages of starting a business, but current world events have complicated and slowed things.

English isn't my first language (French is), but hopefully that shouldn't be a problem.
I also use Discord, but I'd rather not share it publicly. Feel free to send me a private message here first if you'd like to add me so I at least know who you are!

Edited by Neiev

Hey there! 

I'm new to RP on FFXIV myself. If you ever find yourself on Mateus (or the Crystal Data Center in general) please do get in touch, I wouldn't mind doing some progression-RP at all! I've just started Heavenward myself, so that's about as far as I can go right now, but I can move back and tag along with earlier quests (I think?) if you're all the way back at 2.0 or something. 

Hope you have fun!