Crises

Hello all!

I found the RPC through a Reddit post describing how to get started role-playing in Final Fantasy XIV. I'm excited to have found this community as I've been interested in RPing for some time now. I have not RP'd anywhere before. I've been researching how to get into it, how to conduct myself, and how to get the best out of the experience. And, even though I'm shy with strangers at first (OOC, specifically), I know I have to jump right in to get started. 

First, a not-so-brief history of my MMO journey, starting with Final Fantasy XI. My primary job(s) were WHM and BLM. I would normally party up as BLM, leveraging WHM as a primary source of income selling teleports. My character was a female Tarutaru, and it would be the last time I ever played a TaruTaru-like character; I may be slightly prejudiced against Lalafels IC, I'm working on it. When I started playing WoW, I fell heavy into tanking and healing. I played a Priest on and off but stuck mostly to my male Blood Elf Paladin. WoW is where I last played a male character, finding that I was drawn more to female characters in MMOs and role-playing games in general (when given the option). I then spent a lot of time in RIFT, eventually finding a progression raiding guild where I would main and off-tank for my primary DKP, healing in whatever spare time I could find. Life had eventually lead me to TERA. In TERA, I primarily healed as the Mystic class was quite challenging which drew me in immediately. I lied, I played an Elin in TERA as one of my characters. However, I see Elin-type characters vastly different than TaruTaru/Lalafel types. Ask me why and I hope I can make it make sense to you. Fast forward through some terrible decisions like Conan, KOTOR, revisiting both WoW and RIFT, I eventually found FFXIV. Now, I originally played in Beta and don’t remember a thing about it. It wasn’t until a few years later when Heavensward was released that I returned to an all-new game. I had played on and off since then, most recently returning for what I hope to be the long-hull. I moved my way through Stormboold as a BLM which was fun but ended up reaching end-game content as a Paladin.

Though I have zero role-playing experience, a specific series of events lead me here. Upon reaching Shadowbringers, I wanted to do something different. I wanted to experience the content as a new entity. I originally transformed my character into a Viera, though for reasons known only to me, I very quickly transformed back to a Miqo’te. It was this final transformation that I seemingly fell in love with my character. She’s perfect. I can’t put my finger on it, but everything about her is perfect to me. She inspired me to begin drawing; I have been drawing consistently for weeks now. She brings out a whole different side of me when I play. This then lead me to discover that I want to be her in the game and breathe life into her soul. I have recently re-named her to a more suitable moniker: M’crises Rahz. I have crafted a background for her and have noted her personality traits as well. I have even started recording her military history, though this part takes some time to get places and events just right. Once I have confidence in her overall being, I would be happy to share it with you all!

If you’re still reading along with me at this point, I thank you. I don’t know how heavy I want to participate in RP yet, but I am looking for a Free Company that is welcoming and inviting of the lifestyle, judgment-free. Thank you for allowing me to say a little about myself and I hope to meet many of you as I move along in my journey!

-Crises

ffxiv_08152020_022219_403.png

Glad you decided to dive into roleplay!  Everyone here is pretty chill and inviting so if you have any questions or need help there's plenty of people here to jump in.  What data center are you on?