Phase 4

Nox

I think the best you can get is an educated guess from the roadmap PDF, which seems to have been updated.

http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FFXIV_2.0_BETA_Roadmap_EN.pdf

Due to the launch date and Early Access, I'm personally assuming it will be in August even though that doesn't really fit the roadmap exactly. Otherwise, if it's sometime in July then they must be planning a long break between P4 and Early Access/Launch, which is not out of the realm.

When the last batch of beta codes went out there was a notification in it saying that phase 3 would be ending on July 14th, which sort of falls in line with the idea that the final test for phase 3 would roughly be a week long. Then 1-2 weeks of debugging would put the launch of phase 4 possibly around August 3rd to August 17th with a little more than one week before launch for early access.

Hm... that's a fairly reasonable time frame. I'll have to try my damnedest to not become too attached to my character before then.

Just do what I've been doing-- keep doing random things that are not really progression. Make a new character, try a different class, see what random nooks and crannies you can find, mess around trying to find little things that'll put you ahead when P4 comes out, follow around random people emoting at them. And on and on and on.

Just do what I've been doing-- keep doing random things that are not really progression. Make a new character, try a different class, see what random nooks and crannies you can find, mess around trying to find little things that'll put you ahead when P4 comes out, follow around random people emoting at them. And on and on and on.

I'll have to do that. That's a really good idea. So far, I've only touched 3 classes (Lancer, Thaum, and Mar) and only personally liked one class (Lancer). I need to try Pugilist for sure.

I don't know if this is something, but a lot of sites that are doing the code giveaways are saying (in their disclaimer) that the Beta3 ends on July 14th?

This seems to be all over the beta forums the other day as well when I had last logged into it. I personally hope its July 14th, since that would give me time to play and establish myself (if they keep the data for Phase 4 and into launch and don't run into any problems of course) before I have to focus more on my college classes that start in August. :D