Hello! and a Question.

Jhida Cott

Hello! I'd like to start off saying thank you for being such an open and welcoming community. 

FF14 is the second MMORPG that I've committed too, having come from Guild Wars 2. I've been roleplaying for around 3 years and i'd like to think i'm pretty good at it.

Jhida Cott is the character i hope to RP on, and she's a young Highlander who has gone out on adventure of discovery: of both new lands and of herself. She favours to battle with her axe, but hides the fact because she fears to be too intimidating. She's socially naive but tries her best to make friends. 

I found the Coalition from googling "ff14 rp goblin" so here i am. 

I'm open to light and medium RP for now until i learn the ropes and meet more of the Rp community and see where i click. 

I'm currently attending University in Australia (I'm actually studying creative writing and Roleplay is a good place for me to flesh out characters). I enjoy reading and writing, and soon i hope to add drawing to my past times. 

My main question is what is the best way to find role play events? I always hear about them but never know where to look. 

My server is Crystal; Goblin, i hope to join in on some events in the near future.

Love Always

Jhida   

Party finder and the schefule on this website are great resources.  There are also server/data center specific discords that also list events!  One final method, if you build your contacts, is to simply ask them.  The nice thing about ff is that there is usually something going on around the clock!

Welcome! The RPC's calendar is one resource, but only shows things from people who use the RPC. I'd also check out the community calendars by Erah'sae, which handles a lot more events and is curated by google forms and calendar feeds for servers and datacenters. They've grown so large they actually break the RPC's calendar importer and we're working on a new method to pull in upcoming events!

Hello, Jhida, welcome! :D The RPC community calendar here and Erah'sae's community calendar that he linked are the best go-to resources as Franz has mentioned! If you take a peek at the party finder in game, you can also usually find some listings for ongoing public events you can pop into like Shev brought up. If you're in any of the community Discord servers, many have channels where RP event ads are posted and/or channels that have a bot listing events from Erah'sae's calendar! Crystalshouts is also a new project where you can find events and venues that may be open!

Edited by Faye

Afternoon, Jhida, and welcome to Final Fantasy.  

I hope you find what you're looking for out there, if you let us know what sort of stuff you're looking for we can probably help direct you to a few events that might be a good fit.  With the number of events in our community it can be a bit daunting.

Feel free to poke at us whenever, though it's easiest to find me on discord.

Enjoy your stay!