Helloes + Server question

Quillfiend

Hey there, new roleplayer here. I have roleplayed in other MMOs, trying to sort of reignite that spark. Frequent GMing left me kinda dry and without motivation, though I might give it another go here. Regarding that, is it better to make an RP guild on Mateus or Balmung? And is either of the servers more EU timezone friendly? 🐱

Both servers have a fair amount of rp.  I usually find myself jumping between them quite often to meet contacts.  I'm usually around from 6pm est to 7am est, for context.  As for an EU timezone, that's just going to depend on contacts and members you make.

With the World Visit system, your home server really only dictates where you can have your FC and home world Linkshells. Since Balmung and Mateus share the same datacenter, Crystal, you can travel freely between them and also to other worlds in the same cluster, as RP can be found in some of them too!

Both should be somewhat EU friendly as they're pretty populated, but if you're looking for something more EU-centric and at more normal hours, I'd recommend also checking out Omega, which is where I believe most EU RP can be found in the European datacenters.

If you're really looking for focused EU RP, there are a few groups up and running on the Light data center that are centered right around your time zone.  Both Mateus and Balmung have their share but EU friendly events are rather sparse on either server, unless you really prefer late night events.  I'll try to see if I can get some of the Light datacenter folks to post here if you want, Quill.

Balmung has a higher population than Mateus so you may be able to find more prospective FC members there, but also probably more competition in recruiting them. Regardless, both have healthy RP communities, so it's really just down to personal preference.