Longtime RPer new to the FF community!

Yenra

Just wanted to introduce myself, I play Yenra Eryut on Mateus in the Crystal DC. A longtime RPer but completely new to FF so just here to get the lay of the land! One thing I was wondering is if there were any kind of RP addons? I know they don't use them in the same way for FF but one thing I miss from WoW is the Unlimited chat message addon which let you type messages as long as you wanted then auto separated them in to individual messages. Only, from who I've noticed with the little RP I've done so far that the text limit for the chat as it stands is a little small!

FFXIV is not addon friendly like Wow. Most break the Terms of Service and are not facilitated by the developers and operate as plugins into your client. Generally most find the character note to be sufficient to link a profile for their character or include a hook or two for walkups.

The addon part might be a bit of a downer but welcome nonetheless!

Hello there, welcome! There's not really any add-ons for RP. There are some plugins you can find that may be slightly useful for RP, like one for chat bubbles in game. But as Teadrinker mentioned, these are typically against the game's ToS, so I would use them cautiously and not talk about them in game. SE doesn't seem to do much about the use of third party software unless it's used for harassment or cheating, but the possibility is always there.

13 minutes ago, Faye said:

SE doesn't seem to do much about the use of third party software unless it's used for harassment or cheating, but the possibility is always there.

Yeah that's kinda what I heard! Still, sad really because the current message size feels kind of limiting but I guess I can get around that by just...typing it up in another program and then just pasting it in sections! 

19 minutes ago, Teadrinker said:

Generally most find the character note to be sufficient to link a profile for their character or include a hook or two for walkups.

Yeah I already made a Carrd to put in my little search description in lieu of a TRP style addon, mostly just wanted to see if anyone had a way to increase the message size. Ah well! I'll just have to get around that other ways, I guess! :P

2 hours ago, Yenra said:

Yeah that's kinda what I heard! Still, sad really because the current message size feels kind of limiting but I guess I can get around that by just...typing it up in another program and then just pasting it in sections!

I use the following when doing lengthy roleplays in game. Typing in the blank is all well and good for informal chat posts but anything of detail I tend to want to feel uninhibited by the limit as well.  https://www.ffxiv-toolkit.com/

1 hour ago, Teadrinker said:

I use the following when doing lengthy roleplays in game. Typing in the blank is all well and good for informal chat posts but anything of detail I tend to want to feel uninhibited by the limit as well.  https://www.ffxiv-toolkit.com/

Oh that's actually super helpful!