Super impressed!

I'm not sure where I wanted this to go originally, so it's going to be a lot of things. :frustrated:

First off, I want to say how FANTABULOUS you guys are with your writing. Like, seven hells, you guys are inspiring. I'm not on Balmung (yet) and I haven't really had the chance to RP in game at all since I'm stuck on Leviathan, but you guys make me really excited to jump in.

Secondly, you guys are so good that I feel incredibly...I dunno. Only slightly offput due to my inexperience and blah storytelling. Making a wiki was a major step for me, and even after the accomplishment of 'finishing'  the writing bit I still felt overwhelmed. My brain is just poof.

TL;DR: Thank you for being awesome, but stop being -quite- so awesome, I'm starting to feel severely underclassed. :dazed:

I'm not sure where I wanted this to go originally, so it's going to be a lot of things. :frustrated:

First off, I want to say how FANTABULOUS you guys are with your writing. Like, seven hells, you guys are inspiring. I'm not on Balmung (yet) and I haven't really had the chance to RP in game at all since I'm stuck on Leviathan, but you guys make me really excited to jump in.

Secondly, you guys are so good that I feel incredibly...I dunno. Only slightly offput due to my inexperience and blah storytelling. Making a wiki was a major step for me, and even after the accomplishment of 'finishing'  the writing bit I still felt overwhelmed. My brain is just poof.

TL;DR: Thank you for being awesome, but stop being -quite- so awesome, I'm starting to feel severely underclassed. :dazed:

I know exactly how you feel. I look around and seeing what some people are writing really inspires me, though. I'll admit, I half-ass a lot because I know I can get away with it (or at least mostly), but I look around and all of the fantastic writing makes me remember why I'm here. I remember why I changed majors to English so I could pursue writing. I'm actually going to say thank you, to everyone here. You have all inspired me to... not be so fucking lazy all the time. I've never really been this excited to play a game with a group of people. Outside of my girlfriend, I've never been so nervous to receive opinions on what I'm doing. So yeah, I'm super impressed with everyone here and I'd like to thank everyone as well.

I don't know if I have a place to say anything like this, but art is hardly a competition. Whatever medium it is, art can globally co-exist. Its hard to compare art and always be like "Oh, yeah this one is better."

I'm still an amateur everything myself, but I still want to say to just keep doing it if you love it. Its not like the community is gonna be like "Hrm... well we've already got all these writers that are pretty good... You should go play WoW."

Honestly, I want to keep feeling underclassed. That means there is a lot to learn and pick up. Like I said, art isn't a competition. So I'm free to advance at my own pace and enjoy the ride.

So my point: Don't think that someone else's art can make your art shine any less bright. It is entirely unique because you created it and no one else.

I actually find it really funny that you feel the same way, because your character design is one of my favorites. I would think Sav would get along with you famously!

I tend to see these wonderful overachievers (I say that in a positive way!) like Xenedra and Endemerrin and Deirdre and Alothia and so many others. Makes me feel boring and lazy because I infuse quite a bit of myself into my characters.

I tend to rationalize it away by saying most of the community is from 1.0 and has developed relationships and whatnot that I haven't yet. :P

I tend to rationalize it away by saying most of the community is from 1.0 and has developed relationships and whatnot that I haven't yet. :P

I totally hear ya. I'm new too, and the game isn't even fully out yet so I'm just like, "I'll just put this post here... and then go hide in the corner..."

I actually find it really funny that you feel the same way, because your character design is one of my favorites. I would think Sav would get along with you famously!

I tend to see these wonderful overachievers (I say that in a positive way!) like Xenedra and Endemerrin and Deirdre and Alothia and so many others. Makes me feel boring and lazy because I infuse quite a bit of myself into my characters.

If you're referring to me, then I am touched. I quite like your character as well and I do agree that Savarah would probably get along well with W'Dekan. Makes me almost dread tomorrow when I either tweak him or scrap him (for an Elezen that would be similar, but unique in his own way). We shall see the outcome tomorrow.

Don't forget to add Xerek and Shuck to your list of "overachievers". Xerek's In a child's eyes is a fantastic read and Shuck's Superpositions is another amazing read. I know exactly what you're going through, though. I hope to join that list of "overachievers" one day, myself. I guess only time will tell.

If you're referring to me, then I am touched. I quite like your character as well and I do agree that Savarah would probably get along well with W'Dekan. Makes me almost dread tomorrow when I either tweak him or scrap him (for an Elezen that would be similar, but unique in his own way). We shall see the outcome tomorrow.

Don't forget to add Xerek and Shuck to your list of "overachievers". Xerek's In a child's eyes is a fantastic read and Shuck's Superpositions is another amazing read. I know exactly what you're going through, though. I hope to join that list of "overachievers" one day, myself. I guess only time will tell.

Don't even MENTION Xerek's post to me. I read that like 3 times before I decided to close the window and get some of my exam review done. I was so amazed at how he wrote it and so pissed at myself for how crap my writing has become. Scooting to read Shuck's now!

Heeeeeeeeeh you made a wiki, you're more awesome than I am, mine has been WIP forever! :P

I would've never made one if I didn't find out how to steal templates from others...I'm terrible at coding. :moogle:

Glad I'm not the only one intimidated by the writing on this site. It has been more then fun reading through what people post and come up with. It makes me feel like I'm not trying hard enough even with the amount of time I put into the character. I've also yet to really get a chance to try out any in game rp'ing. ^^; I hope to do so soon with the beta about to open up again.

I agree... very, very talented and creative people here... :) It is sooo exciting to see!

(But just a hint: don't read Kannadi's stories... unless you want to feel totally underclassed!8-))

I just read the one about young Kannadi's tea party...SO FUCKING CUTE! Bah, makes me want to make a seven year old alt.