The Wolf's Den - Gilgamesh

Lizzo

Over the last few suns small flyers have been appearing on walls in the markets, in the arena and throughout the many guild halls of Ul'dah. The flyers read:

[align=center]Wulver's Den[/align]

[align=center]Grand Re-Opening[/align]

[align=center]Ul'dans and Adventurers![/align]

[align=center]Are you tired? Hungry? Is the Quicksands too busy or loud for you?

[/align]

[align=center]Come on down to the Wulver's Den![/align]

[align=center]After five years the Den will be opening to the public.[/align]

[align=center]Have a drink, a meal, a laugh and a bed if needed.[/align]

[align=center]Help Wanted: Waiter/Waitresses, Cooks, Housekeepers[/align]

Hello all!

This is for those people who will be rolling on Gilgamesh (and those who may be splitting their time between there and another server like I will be.)

Seeing as Rock is making some great progress on getting RP going on Gilgamesh I had the idea of creating an inn/tavern to function in a similar manner as Xenedra's Sililoquy on Balmung.

Wulver's Den will be accessible via Skype for all those wanting to join in (as well as those on Balmung) so just post on here or PM your Skype name and I'll add you to the conversation!

Sometime after launch I will be attempting to purchase a 'house' that will function as the Wulver's Den. When it becomes a 'virtual' reality it will exist in Ul'dah.

ATTENTION GILGAMESH RPers!

Wulver's Den is currently looking for potential share holders (for when I'm busy with school/life and cannot play)

Employees (cooks, waiters/waitresses and the like) are also desperately needed.

If you would like any of these positions please again post on here or PM me with what job you want. (OOC/IC interviews for positions will held.)

This will be a great way to stretch your RP skills, meet other Gilgamesh RPers and have some fun in and out of the game! 

Hope to see you all at Wulver's Den!

Here is the link to the Free Company - http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=3896

Can you do a write up of what the tavern looks like that people can always see?

I can, but it will most likely not look anything like that when I can get a 'house' ingame. At that point I suppose I could change this description.

When I come up with the description I will post it in the OP.

The Den's Skype chat is up and running and already has a 7-8 members.

As in my above post I will be coming up with a general layout of the interior and will be linking the owner's wiki page when I have more of it completed.

I am planning on formally opening the Wolf's Den this weekend via the chat and would welcome all those willing to come and participate. I am also still looking for people who wish to 'work' in the Den.

For now, please keep PMing me or posting your Skype info in the thread if you wish to join the chat. 

(As the chat is open you may use it as you will, though please keep it as IC as possible using (( )) or [] for OOC.)

Remembered that personal houses will be quite expensive when they come out at launch. It seems that people want the Wolf's Den to be a physical place in Ul'dah and not simply a Skype chat channel.

This brings up the question - How am I to afford this? Since I will be starting a new character like the vast majority of you, I will not have the funds to simply buy property and set up the Den.

For those who want this physical place to hold RP events, or just hang out in your questing down time I put forward a second question - Would you be willing to donate to the creation of the Wolf's Den?

I'm not asking for specific amount of gil (seeing as we don't know how much gil we'll be getting from quests or how exactly expensive the houses will be - or what size of place Gilgamesh players want the Den to be.)

I am not opposed to hosting fund raising events and the like.

If you have any thoughts or ideas regarding this please leave a comment or PM me!

Remembered that personal houses will be quite expensive when they come out at launch. It seems that people want the Wolf's Den to be a physical place in Ul'dah and not simply a Skype chat channel.

This brings up the question - How am I to afford this? Since I will be starting a new character like the vast majority of you, I will not have the funds to simply buy property and set up the Den.

For those who want this physical place to hold RP events, or just hang out in your questing down time I put forward a second question - Would you be willing to donate to the creation of the Wolf's Den?

I'm not asking for specific amount of gil (seeing as we don't know how much gil we'll be getting from quests or how exactly expensive the houses will be - or what size of place Gilgamesh players want the Den to be.)

If you have any thoughts or ideas regarding this please leave a comment or PM me!

I think something like this lends well to IC rp, people who buy in literally could rp as investors introducing new storylines and such.

I support this definitely.

Do we know if the Player Housing will be more like EQ2 (premade/instanced entry to those w/access) or Vanguard (literally building the building from the bricks up... HEAVY on crafter support) or something in between?

I mean... are we looking at straight gil investment here, or can there be the RP of carpenters and such donating supplies?

Do we know if the Player Housing will be more like EQ2 (premade/instanced entry to those w/access) or Vanguard (literally building the building from the bricks up... HEAVY on crafter support) or something in between?

I mean... are we looking at straight gil investment here, or can there be the RP of carpenters and such donating supplies?

From the little I know, I believe it will be the 'between'. The main building will need purchasing (3 sizes) but the interior decorations and the like can be made by crafters or (I"m assuming) bought from NPCs.

That's really cool! I'd love to join that! I think my character would be a good cook or housekeeper if you still need one.

I'm a new roleplayer, so if you have any tips, please tell me!

One of the things Yoshi-P said is that it would take about two-three lvl50's to buy a small house. So, if all the members pitched in a bit you'd probably get it in no time.

That's really cool! I'd love to join that! I think my character would be a good cook or housekeeper if you still need one.

One of the things Yoshi-P said is that it would take about two-three lvl50's to buy a small house. So, if all the members pitched in a bit you'd probably get it in no time.

Here are my rules for roleplay

1. Have fun if it isn't fun don't do it

2. Don't overthink it

3. Let your character speak, don't shush them because you think what your character is about to say doesn't fit. Your character will speak through you just allow them to, you will get to know them as time goes on promise. Many new roleplayers overthink or try to script out every little line their character is about to say. I say just react and let them speak, you'd be surprised.

Here are my rules for roleplay

1. Have fun if it isn't fun don't do it

2. Don't overthink it

3. Let your character speak, don't shush them because you think what your character is about to say doesn't fit. Your character will speak through you just allow them to, you will get to know them as time goes on promise. Many new roleplayers overthink or try to script out every little line their character is about to say. I say just react and let them speak, you'd be surprised.

Thanks a lot! This is really helpful!

Thanks Lizzo! You can count on me to assist in the decorations... ;)

And Fluffy... exactly what Rock said. Don't try too hard. Don't overthink. Don't worry about how you might sound or if you look silly... just let it happen.

Sure, you might mess up, look silly or whatever... happens to the best of us! Just laugh and move on. If you can, try to cover up your flub IC:

"We've never met before?! Oh... I'm so sorry, I must have overheard your name..."

(most RPers will take this as an honest mistake and play along)

(or... if you happen to have a shifty character type)

/em smirks, eying (the other character) thoughtfully. "Ah yes... well... that was unfortunate of me..." (just if you decide to go this route, keep the 'I know you' vibe on the downlow. You are trying to cover up your metagaming of seeing the "floating name" and using it IC... not making it worse! :P If played right, this could make for some great RP ops.)

If you can't just OOC it:

((Ooops! ignore that...))

or

((I -totally- didn't just jump up and run into that wall...))

But most of all: relax and just have fun!