Corvus Barbeque, Bazaar, and Benefit (planning)

Okay, so Alothia is back from the time skip and is trying to get her people back together. I was thinking of staging an IC meet and greet of sorts sometime in the first few weeks of release.

What I'm thinking is this, I'd like to have just an open event with no ulterior plotlines, just a good old bit of entertainment, crafting and fun.

What I'm looking for for this event is this:

• Performers (singers, dancers, etc.)
  • Crafters (who are willing to help make lowbie gear)
  • People to help keep the party going
  • Cooks (It is a Barbeque after all)

It would be a good reason for us to get together, get to know the new people, and help provide them with gear and such. I'm just tossing the idea out there. If anyone would be interested in coming/helping out, etc, please let me know! Thanks!

Also, any other ideas for how to make this a success would be appreciated...I'm not really used to hosting events, so any tips would also be welcome!

I'm in for attending!

As for helping out, if it's in a semi-dangerous location, I can help bring people to it safely (a service that can be provided both IC and OOC :) ). I doubt I'll be particularly high level as a crafter, but if so, I'll happily make stuff to give away.

EDIT: Oh, I assumed that the request for help was an open invite for offers of assistance. If not, disregard the above (though I'll still attend, of course).

Myxie would love to be there! She's a low level 1.0 character, but I did get every crafting skill up to level 10, which is fine for making gear up to level 15 or so. I'd just need to collect materials, as all she had on her when I copied her to phase 3 was a load of hempen yarn and some cotton. It would also give her an opportunity to reveal her new and improved "Myxie Tryxle's Powdered Water System, Mark III" and hopefully find a group of willing test subjects. :angel:

As for some suggestions, it would be cool if you could come up with some sort of puzzle, game, foot race, hide & seek, or some sort of activity with a goal and a prize or prizes for the winners. Maybe a few pieces of HQ gear, winner's choice of a stack of 100 crystals, vouchers for a guided dungeon run, pretty much anything. You could even do an HQ scavenger hunt, where people split up into groups of four and have to return with at least one HQ item of each type from a list of 5-10 things (mostly low level stuff like copper ore, muddy water, marmot meat, oranges and carrots, etc.). If most of the items were cooking ingredients, it would even support the barbecue idea, and you could call it a grocery list!

Myxie would love to be there! She's a low level 1.0 character, but I did get every crafting skill up to level 10, which is fine for making gear up to level 15 or so. I'd just need to collect materials, as all she had on her when I copied her to phase 3 was a load of hempen yarn and some cotton. It would also give her an opportunity to reveal her new and improved "Myxie Tryxle's Powdered Water System, Mark III" and hopefully find a group of willing test subjects. :angel:

As for some suggestions, it would be cool if you could come up with some sort of puzzle, game, foot race, hide & seek, or some sort of activity with a goal and a prize or prizes for the winners. Maybe a few pieces of HQ gear, winner's choice of a stack of 100 crystals, vouchers for a guided dungeon run, pretty much anything. You could even do an HQ scavenger hunt, where people split up into groups of four and have to return with at least one HQ item of each type from a list of 5-10 things (mostly low level stuff like copper ore, muddy water, marmot meat, oranges and carrots, etc.). If most of the items were cooking ingredients, it would even support the barbecue idea, and you could call it a grocery list!

These are great ideas!

I was actually thinking of holding a hide and seek event. We used to do those all the time back in 1.0

• 2 weeks later...