Ul'dah Underground

In developing some character connections, and considering some character development options, I've become very interested in the underbelly of Ul'dah. So far, I know three of us who will be involved in the street gangs and the less legal side of the Platinum Mirage: myself, Klarimel and Zarek. Is anyone else interested or planning on that part of their character? If so, we should totally network!

Personally, Runa returned to the streets after her time with the pugilists to get revenge on the bullies that beat the crap out of her. After returning their attentions in kind, she kicked them out of their territory, then discovered the dirty truth of street gangs - that for every greedy bullish gangster, there are 10 orphans and streetrats just trying to survive. Runa filled the power vaccuum of that particular territory and turned her new gang into the most organized, structured and efficient gang Ul'dah has every seen (due to the education and military training that she doesn't even remember having). So! That's Runa - pugilist, goldsmith, miner and small-time gangster.

Who else plans on having a hand in the darker corners of Ul'dah! Come on, don't be shy!

Woot for more connections. 8-)

As for Zarek, during the time both before (about 7 or 8 years prior to) and the 5 years following the Calamity, he was anything from a gopher/messenger kid to a bouncer to paid muscle (with all that that entails).

Are we talking the time after the Calamity (Calamity to 5 years later) or are we including the time after the 'missing' 5 years as well? Once we get to the time after those 5 years, Zarek's actually leaving Ul'dah and going MIA/on the run as far as the Mirage is concerned, but he still might have a few contacts and people who owe him a favor or five if that helps.

Apologies for the rambling!

I guess I was thinking from release onward. So we could make connections and explore them in the future. It would be ackward, for example, to find 3 different people were claiming the same storefront as their gang territory. Inevitable, probably, but if we connect here, we can get our stories straight and maybe even get a gang war or two going! *cough*Klarimel*cough*

I guess I was thinking from release onward. So we could make connections and explore them in the future. It would be ackward, for example, to find 3 different people were claiming the same storefront as their gang territory. Inevitable, probably, but if we connect here, we can get our stories straight and maybe even get a gang war or two going! *cough*Klarimel*cough*

Gotcha. In that case, I wouldn't mind helping/being a part on the periphery for sure! There's no place like home, after all. Or is it that you can never go home again...

The Red Hand Trading Company is a "legitimate" front for smugglers, couriers and treasure hunters of an underhanded to downright loathsome bent. We also employ investigators, collections agents, and enforcers.

We plan to have a main office in Limsa Lominsa or Ul'Dah (undecided) with satellite offices in the other plus Gridania.

Who else plans on having a hand in the darker corners of Ul'dah! Come on, don't be shy!

Did someone say less than legal!?!?! Not that you gotta join, but you should talk to the members of Misericorde.

Isaac in particular. Grew up poor in Ul'Dah. Not a member of the local gangs, but well aware of territories, signs, etc. You kind of have to be, if you don't want to be gutted.

The Red Hand Trading Company is a "legitimate" front for smugglers, couriers and treasure hunters of an underhanded to downright loathsome bent. We also employ investigators, collections agents, and enforcers.

We plan to have a main office in Limsa Lominsa or Ul'Dah (undecided) with satellite offices in the other plus Gridania.

The Red Hand huh??? The Echo Knights will have to keep a eye or rather a eye on the shadows for you guys. This may play well for use hahaha.

Yes! I have usually been more comfortable playing a criminal, but have steered away from it because I felt like there would not be enough connections in a Final Fantasy game; see as it doesn't really have a strong criminal theme to it. I am definitely interested in this and since I am already planning on altering my character a bit I will definitely get in contact with some of you so I can have some connections :D

Rosa is a guild of "Treasure Hunters" (Spelled t.h.i.e.v.e.s.) that actually has it's base beneath Ul'Dah. Sienna and a few others are a part of that. The more honest of the "family" like to consider themselves the darker shade of grey.

Treasure Hunters you say? Smugglers you say, why I think we should talk! *Grins*

Interesting Idea... how will this work for rp? All in the same LS or something?

I'm really not sure! Maybe an OOC LS would be good - a way for us to network together. What do you guys think?

I know there are several individual FCs and LSs available, but I'm thinking of one specifically for networking plots on the criminal side of Ul'dah, so it would include everyone together. Is this something you guys would join if it was available?

not exactly a criminal, but Nako'li would most likely have some contacts keeping track of certain artifacts that he wants to keep an eye on.

Think of how Holmes uses the homeless as an information network.

I think that counts! And you are welcome to use Runa's boys as your contacts if you want!

not exactly a criminal, but Nako'li would most likely have some contacts keeping track of certain artifacts that he wants to keep an eye on.

Think of how Holmes uses the homeless as an information network.

I think that counts! And you are welcome to use Runa's boys as your contacts if you want!

cool :D

I saw my name mentioned earlier and this makes me happy..

I own a small business and this is the busy time of year for me so I cant always be around here as much as others but Im' still gonna be playing.  I missed the last part of the last stage of beta but hope to be around more for the next one.

Low-Z also runs his own small business, much shadier  and I'm sure he would love to expand his network of business contacts.  He doesnt think of it as being illegal though.  He provides a service where there is a demand for that sort of thing.  If he didn't, someone else would, after all.

So if there's room in this at all for a somnus dealer and a few other potent substances of questionable legality than i'm interested and Low is very interested!

I'd love to be apart of some of the shadier elements with everyone else. :D Not sure if there is any particular group or gang I should join. N'akocha is summed up in the following,

Potent White Mage and Scholar on the surface, probably even part time professor at the Arcanist's guild, while engaging in a thief's life in the shadows. After writing out the premise of her story I found she is not unlike the character Gallus from Skyrim, the deceased Guild Master of the Thieves' Guild: A book-studied scholar and academic who found the thief's life to be more to their liking. Gallus even described as "feeling more in his element climbing through someone's window" than with his nose in musky books all day.

N'akocha isn't that different. A studied scholar, accomplished white mage and healer. But being a professor and teaching coursing on scholarly and healing arts isn't exactly exciting. The thief's life is where that comes into play. :P Some aspects of her healer nature come into play which I find interesting. She'll avoid causing physical harm to anyone if she can, even make amends of some kind to any who are injured (healing, returning of stolen goods).

She'd be under the alias "Mnemonic" as a thief. So yeah, if there are any groups willing to have a medical thief in their ranks, I'm interested. :3