XIV Database Tooltips

With the sweeping changes being made to http://xivdb.com/ in preparation for launch this month, I've went ahead and implemented their tooltip support. By posting a link to either an item, ability, etc from there, the item/ability will have an auto-hover effect. The link will also auto-change to the item/ability name. See the below example.

http://xivdb.com/?item/2987/Lalafellin-Tunic

With the sweeping changes being made to http://xivdb.com/ in preparation for launch this month, I've went ahead and implemented their tooltip support. By posting a link to either an item, ability, etc from there, the item/ability will have an auto-hover effect. The link will also auto-change to the item/ability name. See the below example.

http://xivdb.com/?item/2987/Lalafellin-Tunic

If it's supposed to be doing anything I don't seem to see it on my browser (google chrome). It just looks like a normal link on my end.

In Internet Explorer 10 (Standards mode, compatibility mode off; yeah, yeah, laugh it up :) ), it doesn't work, and we get an error in the JS debugger on mouseover:

SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support property or method 'isNumeric'

fpop_min.js, line 5 character 77

That's kinda weird given that isNumeric is a 1.7 function and 1.7.2 is what's loading.

Hm, for some reason I can't seem to get it to work on my end. Using Firefox, cleared cookies and disabled addblock for both sites. Still won't work for me. Not that it matters too much to just click the link. Still happy for the ease of use for everyone else though because that's a pretty handy feature.

For those it doesn't work for, you may want to give it a full day or two and see if it fixes itself after the server refreshes itself. If not, it's probably something on xivdb's end (no coding on this site was changed aside from a simple line added in to load their javascript file...which could be bugged).

I also noticed that for some reason, it doesn't work for guests. It works fine when I'm logged in, but not when I'm logged out. So @Gospel...

If you get time to test it, can you temporarily remove your invisible status and see if it works after that (after a page refresh)? I know there was another error with invisible users (not possible to post on their walls) so I'm just curious if the problem is connected to that.

Tried removing invisible and it still would not work. I'll give it a day or so and see if it works after the servers refresh themselves. All and all, I'm not too bothered by it to be honest. Thanks for the help though!

EDIT: I found the issue. It was with my post options. Going to my profile and toggling my post option to SCEditor fixed it.

The editor is so bizarre -.-

Just tested it myself to confirm and it's indeed where the problem is. If you have your editor set to MyCode, the tooltips won't work. Why you ask? I have no freaking clue lol. But if you have it set to SCEditor or SCEditor Source, it'll work fine. Up to each individual if they want to change it or not. But if you do, just go to "Edit Options" in your profile and go to the drop down menu in the lower right. Then select either "SCEditor" or "SCEditor (Source Mode)."

Just tested it myself to confirm and it's indeed where the problem is. If you have your editor set to MyCode, the tooltips won't work. Why you ask? I have no freaking clue lol. But if you have it set to SCEditor or SCEditor Source, it'll work fine. Up to each individual if they want to change it or not. But if you do, just go to "Edit Options" in your profile and go to the drop down menu in the lower right. Then select either "SCEditor" or "SCEditor (Source Mode)."

Did this and I can verify it works, also the tooltip thing is pretty neat.

So! On IE10, if you set to SCEditor (Source Mode), everything works, but on my (dev-configured) system, I still get a JS error. If you don't have the debugger active or a dev environment installed, I suppose it probably wouldn't pop up, though.

Line: 286

Error: Object doesn't support property or method 'sourceMode'

Setting it to just SCEditor works. Weirdness.

As I'm a bbcode kinda person (it's that wiki stuff in my blood, I guess), I suppose I'll just deal with not having the tooltips. :cry:

This did it for me, on the latest version of Chrome. Thanks!