Villainous Character Creator Challenge

The two look almost identical. Either way, both are scary.

I agree with you Merri. The most evil character I've ever played with in a game was the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet. Hospitable, empathic, generous. He just had no scruples when it came to things like killing a unicorn to harvest its horn as a powerful magical spell component.

Villains! Yes, love this thread! I already have two groups in the works.

1st - The Zaluchi Crime Family. I've always enjoyed the Godfather, and so I'm attempting to create several families with other players. As they are sophisticated criminals, they don't look all that evil, though they wouldn't think twice about removing anyone.

Hitman - J'avik Mald

xGuxmVB.png

Advisor - Titus Plautus

hwmJIWl.png

The Boss - Gioluchi Zaluchi

phiquSc.png

2nd - Roving groups of assassins or ronin ninja/samurai are always fun to see in anime/manga, so I created my own group. As is always the case, each member specializes in a specific martial art.

Nanao Higue (THM) - Manipulator

Snjxi0s.png

A'sai Foukazawa (LNC) - Slayer of 66

MxJk6LU.png

Taki Junichiro (ARN) - Drunken Thief

JGNHuhX.png

Kirino Sarino (ARC) - Blind Sniper

Vl0bqFS.png

Matsuo Kurabaki (CNJ) - Second/Disavowed Monk

lP6CxR5.png

Nobukan Mugai (MRD) - Leader/Exile 

wEKgRhK.png

He's slight, young, and off putting. He seems shy and a bit sickly at first, but that soon turns into just plain creepy. The mark on his face is obviously not a battle scar to anyone familiar with such things but something purposefully carved there.

ZP8tdnc.jpg

I'm still working on it a bit.

I thought it might be a good way to make my first post here, adding my attempt at villainy to the growing pool of questionable characters that is gathering here.

Well, villainous might be a strong word, miss understood would be better.

as most alchemists or such tinkerers are likely to be labeled by the common folk!

Especially when they steal corpses in the night for test purposes, wearing a rather questionable facial paint to cloak their presence...

9417247459_f2b81ba38d_o.jpg

as most alchemists or such tinkerers are likely to be labeled by the common folk!

Whoa whoa, some of us are just a little bit unlucky when it comes to collateral damage.  I think what really counts is whether or not you intended to burn down that orphanage.

and if they can prove that it was you that did it. (plausible deniablity is a wondrous tool, and few good alibi purchased in advance never hurt wink.gif)

Whoa whoa, some of us are just a little bit unlucky when it comes to collateral damage.  I think what really counts is whether or not you intended to burn down that orphanage.

and if they can prove that it was you that did it. (plausible deniablity is a wondrous tool, and few good alibi purchased in advance never hurt wink.gif)

now now friends! As my dear old papa used to say:

"It's always most troublesome to prove your good intentions when it involves a room full of screaming children that you accidentally burnt to a crisp"

at least... I, I think that man was father.

but the point is, it's always best to bring a little chloroform when screaming might be involved... not just formaldehyde.

Well, I just discovered you can move your camera verticaly if you hold your middle mouse button, and also that you can rotate your character if you use right click instead of left click. I wish I had known this before!

With that said, this is my evil character:

Q98L5Pg.jpg

Okay so I decided to make another one, this time with an entirely different definition of Villain so I spent around 10-15 minutes giving him a little story of his own! It's not very well written since I did it so fast but I'm not really planning to do anything beyond this with the character as of now. Will probably flesh it out and word it better if I end up making him as an alt.

He's a villain in the sense of the law, though from an ethics standpoint I don't see him as a villainous person. This brings up the question, are you really necessarily a villain for breaking the law? Also I think I complete missed the point of the thread with this one... sorry about that.

XAQBCkA.jpg

Edgar was a happy man, he grew up in a farm on the outskirts of Ul'dah. He had a childhood friend named Sigrid, who he had a crush on since longer ago than he can remember. It was a simple life, but he was content. When they were in their early teens he asked and she said yes. They were happy together, and both believed they had found true love.

Extrapolate into the future another ten years, his parents had died of old age, he was saddened by it but life was still good and he was running the farm now. Edgar and Sigrid were still together and happy, one night under the starry sky and shining moon he proposed to her and she said yes. Not a year after they got married they found out she had gotten pregnant. She gave birth to a lovely baby boy and they couldn't be happier.

Four years later Dalamud broke open. He was in Ul'Dah trading wares when his house got destroyed with his wife and son still in it. In a moment his family, hopes, dreams were lost. He had no home or savings available and ended up living in the cold, hard alleyways of Ul'Dah.

He was forced stealing and searching through other people's garbage for food, and any time he managed to get any spare money he would spend it to try and drink away his sorrows. He was caught once trying to steal a loaf of bread and got badly beaten, with some of the scars still showing on his face.

After being jailed for a time he has gotten work as a miner, but it still pays too poorly for him to get a new home, and by this point he's so far down the bottle that there is no going back. He has no desire for revenge against Bahamut, he knows it will not bring his family back; he is just trying to get more alcohol in order to drink away his sorrows and wait for his slow demise in the cold, lonely alleyways of Ul'Dah.

This brings up the question, are you really necessarily a villain for breaking the law?

I kinda jokingly hinted at it earlier, but a big part of what makes a villain a villain is their intentions. If he were an anarchist or a nihilist, that would be potentially villainous, but it sounds like he's poor, down-trodden, and desperate. Given the luxury of choice, would he do the right thing?