Blue Mages?

For the record Yoshi has said daggers will be moved to a scout type class later which will spawn thief and or ninja job.  Great swords will be added as said by Yoshi with Dark Knight and/or Samurai as its jobs.

Red Mage has been talked about to death and Yoshi has said it will be added.  One can speculate but they have used swords and shields in all other FF games despite often being drawn in artwork as a fencer type job.

As for the original Blue Mage post Yoshi said in a live letter there were no plans to add blue magic at that time.  This means it wasn't even in development.  One can speculate as to why but probably one good reason would be the basic monster list would have to be done with all their special attacks and skills balanced before they could start to developed blue magic and blue mage as a class.

It is important to note at the time it was asked about Blue Mage Yoshi specifically said there were no plans to implement Blue Mage as opposed to when Dark Knight Samurai Thief Ninja and others are mentioned they are openly talked about in terms of development planning and ideas by Yoshi.  Even when asked about if there was any new info about musketeer in a live later recently Yoshi said only No.  He did not say it was not under development like he did to Blue Mage.

All that said Yoshi has said he wants this game to be very FFish.  Blue Mage is a CORE FF job and one of the unique things to FF.  I am sure it will come someday.  

I also addressed the class from which it could come from in several posts before.  Like the OP I looked to FF games past.  Khamari from FF 10 used lancet as his learn type blue mage ability.  Since Dragoon is the only job that has constistantly been associated with the lance as a weapon in FF game history and with the 2 jobs of scholar and summoner coming from the one class of Arcanist leading to many others to belief it is a matter of time before all classes have two jobs coming from them it is possible lancer MAY get Blue Mage if the dev team goes with the lancet ability from FF 10. 

Of course this like any other theory is life speculation.

For the record Yoshi has said daggers will be moved to a scout type class later which will spawn thief and or ninja job.  Great swords will be added as said by Yoshi with Dark Knight and/or Samurai as its jobs.

Red Mage has been talked about to death and Yoshi has said it will be added.  One can speculate but they have used swords and shields in all other FF games despite often being drawn in artwork as a fencer type job.

As for the original Blue Mage post Yoshi said in a live letter there were no plans to add blue magic at that time.  This means it wasn't even in development.

Could you link some sources for this bold information, please? I've compiled every Live Letter Q&A here and this is the only information pertaining to new classes other than arcanist/scholar/summoner in the live letters. I can only assume this info comes from Dev Posts somewhere? It's not said in the Live Letter that Thief will use daggers. And I don't think I've heard Yoshi mention Red Mage ever. So would love to have a source to see what his thoughts on the job are.

Q: When will you implement musketeer?

A: Well, we haven't really decided when. We’ve been talking a lot about samurai, ninja, ranger, and thief, etc. but first we're looking to add the class that will be most interesting and effective from the perspective of battle balance. We still don't know which one will be next.

Q: Can you give us any information about possible new classes or jobs like thief, ninja, samurai, or musketeer?

A: We definitely want to add more classes in future patches. For melee classes, I believe scout-type classes are somewhat lacking. By this I mean classes that can move around stealthily and attack from behind or steal items from monsters. The lack of magic classes needs to be addressed as well. We've received requests for ninja and samurai, especially from overseas, but we can't give out any specifics yet. Rest assured that new classes are definitely coming.

Q: I don’t think there are enough disciples of magic classes/jobs. What are your plans to address this?

A: Well, mages come in many different forms in the FINAL FANTASY series, so we have plenty to work with as we add more magic classes.

Q: Do you plan on implementing great swords?

A: Well, the development team was saying before that they'd have to do this at some point, and I'm thinking it will be when they add the appropriate class or job. It could be samurai, or perhaps dark knight, but only the battle team knows for sure. Still, it's definitely something we'd like to do.

Q: Is there any new information on musketeer?

A: Nope!