Open Beta & Early Access, Live Letter 8 Discussion

Holy hell, I had no idea we were getting housing! that is just, yes!

as if i wasnt even more in anticipation for launch, that discussion just made it worse. I'm loving that we will be seeing a Barbershop feature a bit after launch. I'll make sure to use my initial free full over appearance change to make any(if any applicable) major changes that wont be covered in the Barbershop feature and then just jump into the gorgeous Realm of Eorzea. yay!

some of the talk of the Grand Companys reminded me i know NOTHING about them or their styles and the gear that each has. <--some homework for me to do after work between now and next weekend

Also, Companions? were these in 1.0  , was that what i vaguely remember something about after a point in our story related quests we'd get some sort of follower like ally that would b able to join us on some quests?

On a random note : Im going to have to do a few random character starts with different classes during Open beta. Just for the sake of seeing the gear we end up in during that brief intro cinematic based on our class choice lol

If memory serves, that is the same armor as will be displayed in creation when you set it to showing you in "Job" gear, so if it's just to see the gear in the intro cinematic you can do that without having to leave character creation. :)

The companion it refers to is your Chocobo. They have job specific barding you can get for them, so you can dress your chocobo up like a Black Mage, or a Dragoon.

Ah, i didnt remember the job gear option being selectable during hte last beta phase i checked out so wasnt sure, that'll be handy then, thanks for the response :)

Ah for our Chocobo, i see, I saw we will have bardings and such for them, thats a nice touch. I never made it far enough to have a Chocobo companion of my own in 1.0 . Cant wait :chocobo:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, some great info. Which class is getting that awesome gear with the large feathered hat? Bard maybe? I'm still struggling to pick a main job, anything could swing it!

It wasn't said as far as I know but it really looks like it would be a bard outfit I think.

Though I could have missed it because they were going through the armors incredibly fast so I was too busy taking pictures to actually know what they said in that part.

I have a question about early access, since i know nothing about it. will it be done in phases like SW:TOR was? or is everyone who has early access getting thrown in at the same time?

Considering it's as short as it is, I would assume they let everyone in at the same time unless they explicitly state otherwise. Though, unless they find a game breaking bug in phase 4 that's kind of like phase 1 of early access.

as if i wasnt even more in anticipation for launch, that discussion just made it worse. I'm loving that we will be seeing a Barbershop feature a bit after launch. I'll make sure to use my initial free full over appearance change to make any(if any applicable) major changes that wont be covered in the Barbershop feature and then just jump into the gorgeous Realm of Eorzea. yay!

some of the talk of the Grand Companys reminded me i know NOTHING about them or their styles and the gear that each has. <--some homework for me to do after work between now and next weekend

Also, Companions? were these in 1.0  , was that what i vaguely remember something about after a point in our story related quests we'd get some sort of follower like ally that would b able to join us on some quests?

On a random note : Im going to have to do a few random character starts with different classes during Open beta. Just for the sake of seeing the gear we end up in during that brief intro cinematic based on our class choice lol

If memory serves, that is the same armor as will be displayed in creation when you set it to showing you in "Job" gear, so if it's just to see the gear in the intro cinematic you can do that without having to leave character creation. :)

The companion it refers to is your Chocobo. They have job specific barding you can get for them, so you can dress your chocobo up like a Black Mage, or a Dragoon.

Ah, i didnt remember the job gear option being selectable during hte last beta phase i checked out so wasnt sure, that'll be handy then, thanks for the response :)

Ah for our Chocobo, i see, I saw we will have bardings and such for them, thats a nice touch. I never made it far enough to have a Chocobo companion of my own in 1.0 . Cant wait :chocobo:

The was a lot of stuff regarding the Chocobo Companion that wasn't implemented yet, for example we got access to every stance because they didn't have the Companion skill tree setup yet. Once the game launches, or possibly even in B4, you'll have to spec your Chocobo a certain way, determining whether it will be DPS, Tank, or Healer, and you'll get to customize different traits about it, give it new spells, etc. I'm not sure how the class barding will work (possibly a reward for unlocking a class) but there has been concept art for it since last year.

FINALFANTASY_XIV_ARR_PS3_PUB_ART_07b.jpg

FINALFANTASY_XIV_ARR_PS3_PUB_ART_08b.jpg

FINALFANTASY_XIV_ARR_PS3_PUB_ART_06b.jpg

As for PvP I'm wondering if the gear will be class based, or disciple based. Like one set of gear for PLD/WAR/DRG, one set of gear for Disciples of War, and one set of gear for Disciples of Magic. Personally I hope the former is the case, I'd rather not have every class type looking exactly the same in PvP, being able to discern your targets based on class allows for much greater strategy.

The was a lot of stuff regarding the Chocobo Companion that wasn't implemented yet, for example we got access to every stance because they didn't have the Companion skill tree setup yet. Once the game launches, or possibly even in B4, you'll have to spec your Chocobo a certain way, determining whether it will be DPS, Tank, or Healer, and you'll get to customize different traits about it, give it new spells, etc. I'm not sure how the class barding will work (possibly a reward for unlocking a class) but there has been concept art for it since last year.

FINALFANTASY_XIV_ARR_PS3_PUB_ART_07b.jpg

FINALFANTASY_XIV_ARR_PS3_PUB_ART_08b.jpg

FINALFANTASY_XIV_ARR_PS3_PUB_ART_06b.jpg

As for PvP I'm wondering if the gear will be class based, or disciple based. Like one set of gear for PLD/WAR/DRG, one set of gear for Disciples of War, and one set of gear for Disciples of Magic. Personally I hope the former is the case, I'd rather not have every class type looking exactly the same in PvP, being able to discern your targets based on class allows for much greater strategy.

I had no idea that was stuff originally planned for back in 1.0 So many things i know nothing about from back then (implemented or planned to be) lol, but its one of the reasons i'm looking forward to ARR, it'll be all new to me and i can bask in my newbish glory as i learn things anew.

That said that sounds awesome regarding the skills w/the Chocobo n such. Sounds like something I'd have to put some thought into on the chance it won't be possible or easy to change it later. I suspect the way I generally prefer to play i'd benefit from some sort of heal/buff support, but I do love fighting side by side with some sort of companion/follower sometimes(for the fun factor as well as the RP potential to tie into my character)

Thanks for explaining that though!:moogle: