Open Beta & Early Access, Live Letter 8 Discussion

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rewrote the main post entirely to make it easier on the eyes and more informative.

Well I love the veteran reward mount, I'll probably be buying enough game time to get it right away. Considering getting bard up just for that PvP set, at least I assume it's for bard, it sure looks like it would be, either way it looks great.

The veteran rewards are given as soon as you buy the subscription, so you don't have to wait for that amount of time to get them, you just need to purchase the amount of gametime required.

Wait, so everyone can Need on items even though they're not on the job? :/

I should've been more clear. :) Currently, you can only Need on things that you can use on your current class/job. However, a lot of gear can be used by multiple classes even if it doesn't make sense for them to use it -- for instance, a Marauder can roll on Lancer gear. Also, rolling and loot drops are really random, with some dungeons resulting in people not getting any loot at all. For these reasons, some people wanted more severe restrictions, such as limiting the number of Need rolls you can make per duty or establishing some sort of hierarchy of rolls. The devs said that they weren't going to do that.

From the official translation:

"Q23: You previously mentioned that you might restrict the number of times we are able to roll a NEED on loot. Have you decided if any restrictions will be in place?

A23: After discussing the matter internally, we have decided not to implement any restrictions on the looting system."

I've got some clearer pics for the event costumes for those interested - 

YHSpAav.jpg

They were deliberately trying to hide something behind the snowman in this one.  I don't speak Japanese, so I'm not sure what it's in reference to

Maybe it's just me but I swear that looks like a Samurai headpiece.

Maybe Samurai are going to be added in the game later? *bounces in chair with excitement*

YHSpAav.jpg

They were deliberately trying to hide something behind the snowman in this one.  I don't speak Japanese, so I'm not sure what it's in reference to

Maybe Samurai are going to be added in the game later? *bounces in chair with excitement*

Hmmm I think you're right. I wonder if it would be a class or job?? If it's a job, then would it stem from GLD??

Yspe0qn.jpg

Aah, I love this outfit! I can't make it work on any of my characters ICly, but I think I'll still try to get it for my Miqo'te (since she'd be the most suitable for it).

This new Letter has been full of good news. I'm excited, I can't wait for OB!!

YHSpAav.jpg

The samurai gear was already in the game, they had a helm called the Kabuki Helm or something like that which had a little bunny on it.

Edit: My bad, Kabuto not Kabuki.

Dragon Kabuto

Usagi Kabuto

There were different colored versions, but you get the idea.

Those fashion outfits! :surprise:

EDIT: The kabutos are the New Year's holiday gear; the animal on it corresponds to the Chinese "year animal" for that year. 2014 is the year of the horse, so the kabutos for New Year's next year will have a horse on them.

So according to the beta forums the Unicorn mount is obtained from the White Mage questline, which means if you want it you have to level a healer. I'm not sure how I feel about that if it's true...

On one hand, it means we might get cool mounts or other things from each job questline, but on the other hand if you actually want the Unicorn mount it means you're forced to level a class you may not want to play, and there's also the chance they don't give anything cool to the other jobs. Either way I'd only get it to have it because I'm OCD about collecting stuff in MMOs, I'd still use my Couerl mount or Chocobo... or Magitek.

EDIT: The kabutos are the New Year's holiday gear; the animal on it corresponds to the Chinese "year animal" for that year. 2014 is the year of the horse, so the kabutos for New Year's next year will have a horse on them.

I nominate this instead of another kabuto helm.

84nsELi.jpg

p5C9ZR5.jpg

So according to the beta forums the Unicorn mount is obtained from the White Mage questline, which means if you want it you have to level a healer. I'm not sure how I feel about that if it's true...

On one hand, it means we might get cool mounts or other things from each job questline, but on the other hand if you actually want the Unicorn mount it means you're forced to level a class you may not want to play, and there's also the chance they don't give anything cool to the other jobs. Either way I'd only get it to have it because I'm OCD about collecting stuff in MMOs, I'd still use my Couerl mount or Chocobo... or Magitek.

I nominate this instead of another kabuto helm.

84nsELi.jpg

p5C9ZR5.jpg

I like the way you think!(Given if we actually got the horse head, I would HAVE to find a way to abuse it ICly. IT'S JUST TOO GOOD NOT TO!)

I'm confused on something...

Will I not be able to rename or recustomize my legacy characters for Phase 4? This is important! :(

This was cleared up on the beta forums a week or two ago, during P4 you won't be able to remake your character, and presumably not even during Early Access. The specific wording Hvirine used was "at launch." So while he may have meant to include Early Access into that, since it's technically launch for many of us, it's safe to assume you won't be able to change your name, race, or appearance until August 27th.

I've kind of balked at how silly a lot of these mounts have been, but unicorn might actually make a lot of sense for Eva~ :love:

I'm still holding out a hope that they'll add some one-piece swimsuits at some point!!! :dazed:

I've kind of balked at how silly a lot of these mounts have been, but unicorn might actually make a lot of sense for Eva~ :love:

I'm still holding out a hope that they'll add some one-piece swimsuits at some point!!! :dazed:

I can totally see Eva with a unicorn!

And yeah Im hoping to see male swimsuits that er.. less short too? Like jammers style lol

Correct me if I'm wrong here. Free Companies will not be able to be formed but by Legacy players right now? Since the level cap is 20 currently, I could have swore you could only set up a Free Company if you were level 25. That's what I was confused by. Not that its a big deal, but if Legacy aren't considered their present level - then they can't either? I'm just trying to see if I got this correct as that was a tad confusing.

Correct me if I'm wrong here. Free Companies will not be able to be formed but by Legacy players right now? Since the level cap is 20 currently, I could have swore you could only set up a Free Company if you were level 25. That's what I was confused by. Not that its a big deal, but if Legacy aren't considered their present level - then they can't either? I'm just trying to see if I got this correct as that was a tad confusing.

Yep, the requirement to make a FC is 25. This is one of the major complaints against the cap being at 20, though it's just for 3 days so it's not the end of the world.

This was cleared up on the beta forums a week or two ago, during P4 you won't be able to remake your character, and presumably not even during Early Access. The specific wording Hvirine used was "at launch." So while he may have meant to include Early Access into that, since it's technically launch for many of us, it's safe to assume you won't be able to change your name, race, or appearance until August 27th.

NOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Now I have no choice but to deal with my character's sub-par appearance and embarrassing name for at least a week of game time... :cry:

(Btw, I take it changing race is not an option?)