Transgender FtM Top Surgery Fundraiser

I really hope this works out for you. :)

As long as people are confessing, I'm not really cis- nor fully trans-. Actually, I've never really been able to nail down a gender identity I feel comfortable with. I'm aware of the various other options people have determined, but I feel like I fall outside all of them.

Admittedly, the main reason I don't feel genderfluid is that I'm too apathetic to act on any such impulse.

Personally, I'm still trying to figure it out for myself as well.

While I was born in SoCal, I grew up in Salt Lake City, Utah - we moved there when I was 4. It was not the ideal place for a lot of things, from figuring out my sexuality to religion to a host of other things. Back then, it was not as progressive as it is now (which is sort of frightening, in a way); the dominant religion was about 75% of the valley, with mostly (at the time) mainstream Christianity making up about 20% of the valley. Anything that went against those sort of ideals was rather repressed.

Even after moving back to SoCal (liberal San Diego), those things were still largely in flux, mostly due to the fact that I didn't really have time to put a lot of thought into it. A lot of sexuality types and gender identities were still being defined then, more so than they are now.

I've figured out that sexually, I prefer women to men. I've figured out that I can have intimate relationships with either gender. I'm more attracted to intelligence and personality than gender or form. I suppose in that regard I'm some mixture of a lesbian, a pansexual, and a sapiosexual.

Gender wise, I believe that despite my extremely female form, I'm somewhere between androgyne or bigender. For a very long time, I was called a "tomboy", but I never felt that I was just wholly male; as a teen, I could dress up as girly and elegantly as the best of them, but I never felt just wholly female. I eventually ended up creating a set specific male characters to help express some of it through RP and gaming. I suppose I'm bigender with androgyne tendencies or an androgyne with bigender tendencies?

Boxes are hard.

Anyway, the study of gender is becoming a bigger and bigger thing in both the medical and psychological world. The wiki at that link is a start for collecting such information into one place, and presents both Western, Eastern, and Non-Standard gender information. I'm hoping to see it grow, or for more places with easily accessible information on the full spectrum to surface.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shut up and take my money already! -sniffles and hands over IOUs- Well... on Payday shut up and take my money! I could use a little less Mountain Dew and fried snacky treats anyway to help you reach your goal. I don't have any kinds of confessions or anything like that kind of thing. Just think everyone should be able to feel comfortable with themselves in their own desired version of what is normal for them. So.. Take my money before I find you and hug you til you crumble to pieces.

Ok my confession is I am a hugger. :love:

• 1 month later...

Sorry this is a little necrobumpy, but my campaign only has twelve days remaining and I'm about 11.3k short. I don't expect that I'll hit my goal, but I'm still looking for contributions to put away and save towards my top surgery in the end. As such I've posted an update with some promises:

Under two weeks remaining and I'm at $730 of $12,000. While it's not likely I'll reach my goal, your contributions still help! They will be put in savings and subtracted from the total I ask for on my next round of crowd-funding.

Remember, you do get things for donating! They range from sketchy-doodles, to sculpey figurines, to full websites or videos! Help me get to at least $1,000 before the deadline and I will make a YouTube video with my actual face, talking (which is weird for me because I usually do video game footage and voice-overs or music), thanking all of my contributors for being so very lovely.

Get me up to $2,000 or more and I'll make an extra special video that will be so, so much more than just an awkwardly talking head! It'll be carefully segmented and edited, and I might even do something dare-devilish and stupid that could result in bodily injury, such as... going outside, or starting a car, or petting my elderly cat's lower back, or trying to dance, etc.

There's only 12 days left, from September 23rd, 2013. That means this ends on October 05, 2013 at 11:59pm PT! Help if you can!

Given what I can afford right now. I might donate a little more later, depending on how things go.

I wish you all the best with this, and even though it looks like you're not going to make your target I hope this helps you. It's absolutely ridiculous that so many insurers don't cover this stuff.