Keepers of the moon Tribe or family

Ghitx

I am looking for Keepers to talk about family or tribe issues,  I have read atleast 3 post with a lot of info about our cousins ( seekers) but I have not seen  a group of keeper that would like to become a tribe or small family.  I apologize if there is and I would be grateful if you can show me in the right direction.  Since I will be a male Miqo'te and we are a matriarchal society, in case there is no group of keepers to do tribes or families I would like to start one but I will need the help of our female  miqo'te  thank you :cactuar:

Oh I wish I had the energy to help with this. xD It's fun to have even just loose connections with so many other people. I wish you luck!

Mi reaction when I saw a reply:D, and when I read it:(:cry::dodgy: haha  but stay

around maybe  This post will unite  some keepers :) after all we live in small groups hehe

Mi reaction when I saw a reply:D, and when I read it:(:cry::dodgy: haha  but stay

around maybe  This post will unite  some keepers :) after all we live in small groups hehe

I do have a Keeper, but with helping to run an LS, an FC, and being a driving force behind the organization of the Hipparion tribe... well, I'll keep an eye on this thread and consider tossing Sah'ot in for a very loose connection (her story would likely make it so she's not in much contact with any family group).

I am looking for Keepers to talk about family or tribe issues,  I have read atleast 3 post with a lot of info about our cousins ( seekers) but I have not seen  a group of keeper that would like to become a tribe or small family.  I apologize if there is and I would be grateful if you can show me in the right direction.  Since I will be a male Miqo'te and we are a matriarchal society, in case there is no group of keepers to do tribes or families I would like to start one but I will need the help of our female  miqo'te  thank you :cactuar:

I actually have a Keeper from back in 1.0. Love her to death, but she's well on the back burner for the time being. I'll do this for you though...

sig2_zpsd6f2431a.png

Oh, you might be able to wake her out of hibernation at some point, though ;)

Did you have any idea about who your character is yet other than they are keeper?  I know of a number of people with keepers who could potentially slot you into their family if you don't really have an idea yet.  If however your character is already made in your head/on paper I'm sure you could get some players working in a family group.  If I can help at all let me know :D.

Did you have any idea about who your character is yet other than they are keeper?  I know of a number of people with keepers who could potentially slot you into their family if you don't really have an idea yet.  If however your character is already made in your head/on paper I'm sure you could get some players working in a family group.  If I can help at all let me know :D.

Well no I only 

have the name... kinda for sure I want to be the second son,( I would like to use the 'to on the name) but yes I would apreciate if  you can  introduce me to those other keepers and thank you

It could also be that Keepers don't really form large tribes like Seekers do.

Lore describes them as matriarchal families, and, their groups are usually two families, sometimes three at the largest. So, it's... less necessary of a social structure to go out and seek out other Keeper players for that cultural feel. Hence, fewer posts about people seeking out those ties.

Seekers are Lions. We're more... the cats that sit up on your bookshelf and will tell you when you are graced to pay us attention :lol:

My character is a Keeper of the Moon but her family was very, very mobile as they were oft on anthropological research studies. If you don't mind a character tie that requires constant travel I can help.

Looks like you have plenty of offers here, but if you want to chat or plan any sort of outside connections feel free to shoot me a PM.  I have a good amount of info on my character's tribe on his wiki (in sig).  I'm always open to the idea of adding someone to the tribe, but as I've planned out a good number of ideas for it, I'd hate to stifle your ideas.  =)

T'sal is part Keeper(and being rolled up as a Keeper since you have to pick one in-game...) but his mother abandoned her family-tribe and made darn sure her son was never exposed to them. ^^' Granted, they were a very small insular tribe that was very reclusive, so I don't know how helpful her tribe would be at all. /shrug

Lore describes them as matriarchal families, and, their groups are usually two families, sometimes three at the largest.  So, it's... less necessary of a social structure to go out and seek out other Keeper players for that cultural feel.  Hence, fewer posts about people seeking out those ties.

Seekers are Lions.  We're more... the cats that sit up on your bookshelf and will tell you when you are graced to pay us attention :lol:

My character is a Keeper of the Moon but her family was very, very mobile as they were oft on anthropological research studies.  If you don't mind a character tie that requires constant travel I can help.

Well I know that they don't form big tribes but still, most of them live in groups of families, at least 3 or 4 families( from my perspective, and I see some good people replying to the post ( much appreciated8-))  having the idea of being a lone family, or coming from one, which is good and awesome, but I have not seen a group of Miqo'te ( of the Keepers) that want to group up  as a small group of families.... I don't know if I'm making myself clear.  oo and haha do you mean that we are that type of cat or are you still talking about the seekers "Seekers are Lions.  We're more... the cats that sit up on your bookshelf and will tell you when you are graced to pay us attention"

My main is a Keeper!

All I really know about them is they live mostly in Gridania.

Mine's parents moved out to Ul'dah for mercantile reasons (capitalism, ho!) so I ended up not knowing much about Keeper lore, having little need for it. Which was the point at the time.

Kinda created this character in 1.0 beta and there wasn't THAT much lore around then, I think. Or maybe I was just not very good at finding it. ^^;

I'm thinking of making my Keeper an orphan who was raised by Elezen parents in Gridania from a very young age, so she wouldn't be part of a family at the start.

However if there was a Keeper family being roleplayed she would like show an interest as she know little of Keeper family life.

Thank you for the reply,  That is actually a good background story.  If I can't find people to be part or begin a small group of families, I guess I will go with my first  idea which is that I and the second son of the mother and  my family was masacred by a rival tribe of the seekers who wanted to gain and control more territory ( in this case the territory they wanted was the one used by the union of families) But I don't know if that could be possible.

Lore describes them as matriarchal families, and, their groups are usually two families, sometimes three at the largest.  So, it's... less necessary of a social structure to go out and seek out other Keeper players for that cultural feel.  Hence, fewer posts about people seeking out those ties.

Seekers are Lions.  We're more... the cats that sit up on your bookshelf and will tell you when you are graced to pay us attention :lol:

My character is a Keeper of the Moon but her family was very, very mobile as they were oft on anthropological research studies.  If you don't mind a character tie that requires constant travel I can help.

Well I know that they don't form big tribes but still, most of them live in groups of families, at least 3 or 4 families( from my perspective, and I see some good people replying to the post ( much appreciated8-))  having the idea of being a lone family, or coming from one, which is good and awesome, but I have not seen a group of Miqo'te ( of the Keepers) that want to group up  as a small group of families.... I don't know if I'm making myself clear.  oo and haha do you mean that we are that type of cat or are you still talking about the seekers "Seekers are Lions.  We're more... the cats that sit up on your bookshelf and will tell you when you are graced to pay us attention"

I'd say that Keepers probably have surprisingly large groups, these are after all probably extended families, and Keepers can breed big I mean they have rules for 10 sons and are explicitly prone to having more daughters than sons. It may not be particularly common but it happened enough to have rules for it.

I'd say that Keepers probably have surprisingly large groups, these are after all probably extended families, and Keepers can breed big I mean they have rules for 10 sons and are explicitly prone to having more daughters than sons. It may not be particularly common but it happened enough to have rules for it.

I was under the impression that the 10th son thing was a result of their number system, not really because they made that many suffixes just in case they had 10 sons. O.o

(Seems a lot more effective to name someone suzy'ten than suzy'blah, so when you eventually have suzy'eleven, you're not scrambling for what word to make up for that kid)

I was under the impression that the 10th son thing was a result of their number system, not really because they made that many suffixes just in case they had 10 sons. O.o

(Seems a lot more effective to name someone suzy'ten than suzy'blah, so when you eventually have suzy'eleven, you're not scrambling for what word to make up for that kid)

If they are normally hitting 1 or 2 kids I would imagine the thing would top out at 5, I mean that would require having at minimum 11 kids. 10 Sons requires at minimum having 21 children. I've been thinking conservatively Keepers have 5 children that can give you around 400 or so per family if you go out to second cousins, so Keeper Enclaves might have something like 1000+

I imagine the excessive females would have an interesting trend in society, perhaps even luring away excess Tia Seeker

If they are normally hitting 1 or 2 kids I would imagine the thing would top out at 5, I mean that would require having at minimum 11 kids. 10 Sons requires at minimum having 21 children. I've been thinking conservatively Keepers have 5 children that can give you around 400 or so per family if you go out to second cousins, so Keeper Enclaves might have something like 1000+

I imagine the excessive females would have an interesting trend in society, perhaps even luring away excess Tia Seeker

I Honestly think that  "Due to nature" they would have only 2 or 4 males and the rest would be females. IMO.  so if we have a small tribe or group of families,  lets say 4 families, with a total of 24 kids, I believe that  1/4 of that would be males and like you said "excessive females would have an interesting trend in society, perhaps even luring away excess Tia Seeker"  I think that would be true depending on the tribe, and  would a Tia seeker accept the rule of a female if he decides to stay within the families. or it would be  a simple  one night stand ( knockup "the movie" edition) and goodbye?

I Honestly think that  "Due to nature" they would have only 2 or 4 males and the rest would be females. IMO.  so if we have a small tribe or group of families,  lets say 4 families, with a total of 24 kids, I believe that  1/4 of that would be males and like you said "excessive females would have an interesting trend in society, perhaps even luring away excess Tia Seeker"  I think that would be true depending on the tribe, and  would a Tia seeker accept the rule of a female if he decides to stay within the families. or it would be  a simple  one night stand ( knockup "the movie" edition) and goodbye?

It would depend on how extended the family is, I don't imagine its something as simple as nuclear families(mother, father, children) But more extended groupings, allow for signifcantly larger enclaves without becoming full villages or towns.

As for the Tia thing, how actually successful the excess Keeper females are wouldn't matter when they get a reputation for such(They also might get reputations for stealing other races men as well)

It would depend on how extended the family is, I don't imagine its something as simple as nuclear families(mother, father, children) But more extended groupings, allow for signifcantly larger enclaves without becoming full villages or towns.

As for the Tia thing, how actually successful the excess Keeper females are wouldn't matter when they get a reputation for such(They also might get reputations for stealing other races men as well)

This post show a good video about  the last matriarch society  I believe it would be something like them, like you I also believe that they don't have a "nuclear" family, but it would be an hybrid between an extended with  typical family ( typical to our "society") btw does anyone know what is going on with the beta on PC i have not  receive nothing and I was granted a beta key

• 1 month later...

I'm a keeper of the moon who's lookin for a keepers tribe / family.

My characters back story is that his small family got demolished during the calamity while he was traveling. He's been alone and seekin others since. He's a seasoned traveler and always wants to help others regardless off the dangers.

Hello there!  Just chiming in if you are interested in checking out the RP-Tribe that Vigh and her mate are from called Silver Moon Tribe.  We have a wiki if you want to read up on the lore.   The only stipulation is due to the Tribe's extreme isolation.  Physical characteristics emerged which set the members apart from other Keepers of the Moon; example being fur color is usually silver or silver with gold highlights.

If it seems at all interesting contact me and we can try and discuss further or set something up!  We have a separate linkshell for the various members of the villages that encompass the Silver Moon Tribe.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Silver_Moon_Tribe

Late to the thread but adding my voice.

I also had a heck of a time finding info on Keepers... so I had Qin run away from his tribe at a young age, take up with a Lallafellian merchant who gave him a new name, and become a traveling merchant / snake oil salesman.

Qin's personality doesn't gel well with the whole tribal, close-to-nature thing, so it worked out well.

That's probably NOT what you were looking for, but there's always ways to work with lack of lore info, hehe. :evil: