Might Want to Wait to Add That Beta Key!

Ok, maybe you guys can help me out. I pre-ordered July 14, got my email, and registered, as instructed.

My profile showed ARR under registered games.

Today I was told by a friend that I needed to go to the linkie for the early access, so I did. I got Error 2: Code already in use.

So I checked my account, and ARR is no longer in my registered games. I'm trying to remain calm, but this is really - upsetting.

Regards.

Hey, Grin!

I'll take a wild guess here, did you have a NA account? Don't forget to set your Square Enix account user settings / profile to NA too, even in the preferred language setting-- actually, just set everything you could set into NA region, including the address bar of your browser, does it spells EU somewhere? Replace it with NA if it is.

Afterward, you should log out and go to the http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/us where you should continue as usual, logging in and such.

Good luck!

nb: If it's continue to produce error messages, it could be that the server is congested, it happens the day before, but eventually you should get through and receives your 20 digits true code.

Ok, maybe you guys can help me out. I pre-ordered July 14, got my email, and registered, as instructed.

My profile showed ARR under registered games.

Today I was told by a friend that I needed to go to the linkie for the early access, so I did. I got Error 2: Code already in use.

So I checked my account, and ARR is no longer in my registered games. I'm trying to remain calm, but this is really - upsetting.

Regards.

Hey, Grin!

I'll take a wild guess here, did you have a NA account? Don't forget to set your Square Enix account user settings / profile to NA too, even in the preferred language setting-- actually, just set everything you could set into NA region, including the address bar of your browser, does it spells EU somewhere? Replace it with NA if it is.

Afterward, you should log out and go to the http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/us where you should continue as usual, logging in and such.

Good luck!

nb: If it's continue to produce error messages, it could be that the server is congested, it happens the day before, but eventually you should get through and receives your 20 digits true code.

I went over every possible spot something might be set wrong in my profile or account. It's all English (US), and the address I'm linked to is preorder.na. I still get the Error 2: The code entered has already been used. AND the game is still no longer registered to my account.

I went over every possible spot something might be set wrong in my profile or account. It's all English (US), and the address I'm linked to is preorder.na. I still get the Error 2: The code entered has already been used. AND the game is still no longer registered to my account.

Hmm, that's strange. Even if the 18 digits codes are already processed before, it should still be able to go through the validation process and give you the 20 digits codes instead (and potentially also sends you multiple emails from it).

Yesterday when SE is turning off their code redeem system temporarily for maintenance, it always gives us error too, the same like it is being congested. (Bad decision by SE, why wouldn't they shut down the web temporarily instead? It is confusing for those who did not know what was happening).

Or maybe... yours were the wrongfully sent EU codes instead?

Well anyway I'll advise that you should try to reach SE's helpdesk by live chat as soon as possible. Be warned that the queue might be long since many people are still having problem with their codes, you're definitely not alone in this, so... best of luck to you!

I think most of the mess up is people not watching before they click.  When you click pre order, at the top there is an option for US or EU which then puts your "account" into that countries system.  This is why as stated above, peoples accounts were stuck in EU under their profiles.  Then once you get to the order screen it automatically starts you in PC DIGITAL DOWNLOAD; since your accessing their site from a PC. The PS3 players MUST click PS3. I assume many of them didn't and ended up with PC copies.  But alas this is just my observations on the situation.  No issues with codes or games on my end.

Actually I did watch, and started on the NA site and it WENT to the EU site when I would click on something.

They even routed people to the JP site too.  Called fail on the other end, not always the users, heh.

For EU

For NA

We are currently receiving a large number of contacts about customers not receiving the automatic e-mails that are sent from the Square Enix Account Management System. We have looked into the issue and confirmed that certain e-mail services are flagging the e-mails as spam.

If you are having a difficult time locating the e-mail, please be sure to check your spam folder.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

I'd just like to express my gratitude towards those of you who offered solutions - my partner and I were very confused as to why our activation codes were being declined until we did a bit of digging around and followed the region links posted within this thread!

Well, I'm still not getting any progress. They haven't sent me an email to confirm that I am able to use my early access code to get the twenty digit code to go ahead and start downloading, and I'm getting no response from my ticket, even after twenty four hours. I'm still stuck on that loading screen, not even getting any kind of errors every time. Guess I'll just give up on early access, hopefully I'll still be able to play.