Might Want to Wait to Add That Beta Key!

It's not only congestion that is giving errors now ...

EDIT:

People from NA are getting codes and then they are being accidently sent to the JP site to put them in .....

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/th...applicable

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1..._intended/

UPDATE2 - yondaimee604

Quote:

IF YOU GET the ERROR: 3 message, KEEP TRYING you WILL get the code eventually (it took me 4 tries only). After you get the 12 digit code you WILL get the region error, this is NOT because of a mistake YOU did, this is because they accidentally sent EVERYBODY to the JPN site to redeem the code and not the NA site. As soon as they link the proper NA site, everything should and WILL work.

It seems there is more than congestion going on, so I thought to post this here (if this is somewhere else please remove this)

Apparently many from NA are getting sent EU related codes, which of course are getting a "wrong region" error.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/109321-The-code-s-region-is-inapplicable

I would STRONGLY suggest for everyone to wait a day or so to see if this gets straightened out.  I'd hate for anyone to go through more of a headache.

And if there is more word on how to fix this for anyone who did get an invalid code, I'll let you know too.

On my fourth try with the error 3 jazz. Still wont accept it.

Oh, make that #4.

Hmm.. :( Are you sure you eventually will get in, and not that you are just lucky?

Edit: Whelp. I'm going to just wait till tomorrow. I have proof of my pre-purchase in case I need to prove it to square to redeem my stuffs.

I'm opting to wait, early access is saturday after all. I figure if we catch it by thursday/friday we're good to go. Since i'm "assuming" that the open beta/phase 4 client is the same as launch and it'll patch up that should save time as well for those of us who were able to hit Phase 4 last weekend. It shouldnt take me long to patch it up on the pc and ps3 .

good sign though lol, as if the huge boom of folks during open beta werent a good sign, the fact their servers are getting hammered at the code page is good to. means many folks are giving them $'s which gets us more game heh.

1.0 people don't have to go through that right?

Cause.. I haven't got any code of any sort.

I hope I'm not supposed to?

It was my understanding that only legacy got early access. Otherwise you need to pre-order. 1.0 players get 2 weeks of free game time at launch.

I'd rather have them screw all this up than the actual launch...then again, there's no stopping anything going wrong at launch, either.

I dunno. With SE, it's easy to blame them for poor customer service, but I feel like this side of SE is desperately trying to figure things out. There's no way I can picture Yoshi=P finding out about this, asking what's going on and being content with the answer and doing nothing...

Whew over 170 pages ...

Found this Dev/Mod one

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/108864-Early-access-registration-is-now-online%21?p=1326067&viewfull=1#post1326067

Hvinire

Community RepCactuar_002.jpgJoin DateApr 2013Posts234

We sincerely apologize, but the pre-order redemption site is experiencing very high traffic which we are currently working to resolve. We are adding additional bandwidth and server capacity to ensure that all customers will be able to redeem their pre-order codes as soon as possible. Early Access starts on August 24th at 2am PDT, and Square Enix is working hard to ensure that all FFXIV pre-order customers will be able to download and play the game. 

As well as 

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/108864-Early-access-registration-is-now-online%21?p=1326310&viewfull=1#post1326310

Hvinire

Community RepCactuar_002.jpgJoin DateApr 2013Posts234

We're aware that some NA users are receiving EU-region codes and are working to address that as well. We'll be sure to keep you updated.

This was posted on their Twitter 11h ago:

FINAL FANTASY XIV ‏[ltr]@FF_XIV_EN[/ltr]11h

We have temporarily suspended the ability to redeem codes on the pre-order site while we continue to investigate the ongoing issues.

EDIT: Wanted to add, nothing new about this on their Twitter, so not sure if it is still down or not. Continuing to look over the forums.

According to the e-mail I got you can redeem your early access when trying to log in instead of doing so early on the site. Why is there so much panic? x_x

Cause no one got any e-mail I assume.

Codes are from wrong regions so people are region locked (ie NA are getting UK codes so don't work)

PS3 users are getting PC games

There is alot.  And I never got any e-mail at all after pre-ordering it about 3 months ago /shrugs  VERY few are regestering fine.

According to the e-mail I got you can redeem your early access when trying to log in instead of doing so early on the site. Why is there so much panic? x_x

Codes are from wrong regions so people are region locked (ie NA are getting UK codes so don't work)

There is alot.  And I never got any e-mail at all after pre-ordering it about 3 months ago /shrugs  VERY few are regestering fine.

This sucks, I put my pre order code on the page, got my registration code.... They say I will recieve an email with the registration code 20 minutes later nothing. Still I saved the registration code manually. I go to the link they give to register the registration code I put the code and guess what it says

"The code's region is inapplicable. 

You can only enter codes from the same region as your Square Enix account

It seems to be going in slowly now as I got mine and my spouse done.

Make sure if you are in NA you go to: http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

And keep your eye on the URL that it stays like that.

I will keep looking for more info.

This sucks, I put my pre order code on the page, got my registration code.... They say I will recieve an email with the registration code 20 minutes later nothing. Still I saved the registration code manually. I go to the link they give to register the registration code I put the code and guess what it says

"The code's region is inapplicable. 

You can only enter codes from the same region as your Square Enix account

What is being said is put the original code back in, making sure it is 

http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/ for NA 

http://preorder.eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/ for EU

To get the right region code.  There still is some congestion though so please be patient.

Ok, i managed to find something that worked for me at least to get going. It seemed to work. I am playin on both platforms but have opted to have the early access code applied to the pc half of my account for the time being.

I'm quoting a portion of text off a post in the beta forums

>>>> "this has worked now for a number of folks

"What finally worked for me was editing my profile settings. Basically, after going to the pre-order code entry site and picking your language, it asks you to log in. After you log in (you may need to fill in some information) it'll take you to the code entry page.

Instead of entering the code, I clicked my newly chosen handle in the upper right corner of the page. That displayed a drop down, and I clicked the "My Profile" option. That took me to the profile details page.

I filled in the information there and noticed that my language was set to English (UK). I changed that to English (US), saved my information, went back to the pre-order page, and was able to enter in my code without any problems."

Please Bump!

Edit - Caligamy - For the people that cant get this to work... be super redundant in checking every possible language setting. Do it for both the Top and Bottom of the page.. that seemed to be my hangup

Well said. "

^ It seemd to work on my account and i got the code for registration afterwards, no error 3

Ok, i managed to find something that worked for me at least to get going. It seemed to work. I am playin on both platforms but have opted to have the early access code applied to the pc half of my account for the time being.

I'm quoting a portion of text off a post in the beta forums

>>>>  "this has worked now for a number of folks

"What finally worked for me was editing my profile settings. Basically, after going to the pre-order code entry site and picking your language, it asks you to log in. After you log in (you may need to fill in some information) it'll take you to the code entry page.

Instead of entering the code, I clicked my newly chosen handle in the upper right corner of the page. That displayed a drop down, and I clicked the "My Profile" option. That took me to the profile details page.

I filled in the information there and noticed that my language was set to English (UK). I changed that to English (US), saved my information, went back to the pre-order page, and was able to enter in my code without any problems."

Please Bump!

Edit - Caligamy - For the people that cant get this to work... be super redundant in checking every possible language setting. Do it for both the Top and Bottom of the page.. that seemed to be my hangup

Well said. "

^ It seemd to work on my account and i got the code for registration afterwards, no error 3

Hey guys for the record I followed these steps and it worked. I'm currently downloading the client on PS3.

I did have a discrepancy in the profile section. No preferred language at all. I hit save. Manually went back to login screen for the code, logged in and got my Early access code on the first try.

I think most of the mess up is people not watching before they click.  When you click pre order, at the top there is an option for US or EU which then puts your "account" into that countries system.  This is why as stated above, peoples accounts were stuck in EU under their profiles.  Then once you get to the order screen it automatically starts you in PC DIGITAL DOWNLOAD; since your accessing their site from a PC. The PS3 players MUST click PS3. I assume many of them didn't and ended up with PC copies.  But alas this is just my observations on the situation.  No issues with codes or games on my end.

'tis not even about that, I can understand the concern there. Rather I mean the people that INSIST on registering their code now, now, now. I've read a lot about it on the Beta forums especially the other day. People constantly refreshing and retrying despite the errors, ugh.

Ok, maybe you guys can help me out. I pre-ordered July 14, got my email, and registered, as instructed.

My profile showed ARR under registered games.

Today I was told by a friend that I needed to go to the linkie for the early access, so I did. I got Error 2: Code already in use.

So I checked my account, and ARR is no longer in my registered games. I'm trying to remain calm, but this is really - upsetting.

Regards.