Dragon Age 2 Trailer

You know...technically, isn't 'Dragon Age 2' really just 'Dragon Age'? Considering that the first game was 'Dragon Age: Origins'...meaning it is an origin/prequel story? Therefore, the first game after it...would be the real first game?

You know...technically' date=' isn't 'Dragon Age 2' [i']really[/i] just 'Dragon Age'? Considering that the first game was 'Dragon Age: Origins'...meaning it is an origin/prequel story? Therefore, the first game after it...would be the real first game?

You make a good point, ill be interested to see where it fits into the story/world

I don't think Dragon Age: Origins was ment to be a prequel, the name was more refering to the fact that there was a lot of focus put on the origins of the characters :)

Anyway, I'm totally getting this! I played through the original game almost 3 times :oops: and I got all the expansions and stuff, sometimes due to a generous signifigant other :P

I believe that the setting of Dragon Age 2 is in the "Free Marches" which is the continent north of Ferelden.. This time around conversations will be more like ME2 where the PC "Hawke" will actually have a voice and dialogue options will be shown on a wheel, unfortunately you won't be able to choose your race this time around.

Here's what info there's on him right now: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Hawke

Bioware saying no mods, no top down view and making it more appealing to console gamers. Seeing how i play a game for the gameplay, i wont judge a game based on its "theatrical trailer" so at the moment im not touching this crap. Either that if a great gameplay video comes out then ill reconsider, but what they have said so far, its a big no no for me.

I believe that the setting of Dragon Age 2 is in the "Free Marches" which is the continent north of Ferelden.. This time around conversations will be more like ME2 where the PC "Hawke" will actually have a voice and dialogue options will be shown on a wheel, unfortunately you won't be able to choose your race this time around.

Here's what info there's on him right now: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Hawke

Hawke can be a female too, FWIW. Not that BioWare -ever- promotes the female side of their either/or main characters... but one can dream.

Don't be embarrassed about playing it three times. I think I've played it close to/more than eleven... :oops:

As for Hawke being the child of Morrigan, they've already denied this. He/She is a survivor from Lothering that escapes with his/her family and goes on over ten years to become the hero of Kirkwall. /nerd

Hawke can be a female too, FWIW. Not that BioWare -ever- promotes the female side of their either/or main characters... but one can dream.

Ah yes, I know that.. I guess that by saying him, I kinda excluded the opposite.. I apologize.

And I think that you can find some Female Hawke concept art somewhere.. At least I think I remember having seen some.

Ah yes, I know that.. I guess that by saying him, I kinda excluded the opposite.. I apologize.

And I think that you can find some Female Hawke concept art somewhere.. At least I think I remember having seen some.

Yeah I wasn't trying to correct you, just trying to get it out there that Hawke doesn't have to be a dude, in spite of what the trailer shows.

I was really excited when the first Dragon Age had female characters that ran the gamut of interesting personalities, and furthermore you yourself could play the game without thinking "Oh right this was designed with a guy in mind.." Then with DA2 not only do they take out all the cool race options, they go back to highlighting that their hero is mister MANLY MAN but could also be a female.. if you're in to that..

Yeah I wasn't trying to correct you, just trying to get it out there that Hawke doesn't have to be a dude, in spite of what the trailer shows.

I was really excited when the first Dragon Age had female characters that ran the gamut of interesting personalities, and furthermore you yourself could play the game without thinking "Oh right this was designed with a guy in mind.." Then with DA2 not only do they take out all the cool race options, they go back to highlighting that their hero is mister MANLY MAN but could also be a female.. if you're in to that..

Yeah, it is sad that they chose to take that route.. But a lot of fans wanted a "Commander Shepard" in Dragon Age so now they've created Hawke..

How that prevents them from giving players an elven or dwarven Hawke is beyond me.. Other than perhaps the lore behind the game making an elf or a dwarf unlikely to do whatever it takes to become the "Champion of Kirkwall".. Or maybe the extra amount of work it would take.

I don't so much mind the limited race, but I agree that it's a bit sad if they focus too much of making the char a man's man with just the female gender attached "because they have to". I think DA:O made a good job of getting the storyline from both genders. I've never minded playing a male character in games, I've had tons of fun as both Altair and Max Payne, but when they DO allow you to play a female, it sucks when you can feel that it hasn't been focused on nearly as much as the male counterpart.