I Just got black mage wand blocked

SOOOOOO hows it goin guys.  Just thought I would share this amazing piece of information I just got.  When I started the game I had done my research and learned that to make the Black Mage you need 15 Arcane and 30 Thaum.  I went ahead and stated the game with Arcane and blasted it to 15 the first few days then went ahead and did Thaum to 30; which I just now have finished.  To my surprise NOTHING HAPPENED.  So i dug around and did some more research to see that they have indeed changed the secondary class to ARCHER 15.  :frustrated:

SOOOOOO hows it goin guys.  Just thought I would share this amazing piece of information I just got.  When I started the game I had done my research and learned that to make the Black Mage you need 15 Arcane and 30 Thaum.  I went ahead and stated the game with Arcane and blasted it to 15 the first few days then went ahead and did Thaum to 30; which I just now have finished.  To my surprise NOTHING HAPPENED.  So i dug around and did some more research to see that they have indeed changed the secondary class to ARCHER 15.  :frustrated:

Congratulations on bricking your character! xD Just kidding... hey, at least you have heals and a tanking pet for leveling up archer now! :D

Congratulations on bricking your character! xD Just kidding... hey, at least you have heals and a tanking pet for leveling up archer now! :D

You and me both know you cant use the tank pet on another class :cry:

o3o I didn't know this actually... been playing my Arcanist the most since going for Scholar. How about the support carby?

o3o I didn't know this actually... been playing my Arcanist the most since going for Scholar. How about the support carby?

Carbyz can only be used on Arcanist.  Might be able to be used once u hit summoner though not sure about that, but def cant be used cross class.  Just heals and dots go cross class.

I'm confused ... why don't you open up the Archer class?  Don't see how it is "bricked".

I'm confused ... why don't you open up the Archer class?  Don't see how it is "bricked".

::Face Palm::

my list of jobs that don't make sense...

Monk- (PUG&LNC) Why LNC? what is wrong with classic FF healing punchies?

Should be(PUG(& CNJ)

BLM(THM&ARC) really? what good is archery to a BLM? At least with PUG the weapon needed was always at hand. (literally)

WHM( CNJ&ACN) wait, why is ACN fine for WHM and not BLM? ACN has more DoTs than it does heals. seems more BLM material for that.

on that note what is up with ACN cross class skills? and by what is up with I mean where are they? I can get the healing spell that is identical to the CNJ healing spell (worthless if you are going SCH) and there was another skill, but it was so pointless I cant even remember it. So ACN gets 2(maybe 3) completely pointless skills? why can't I get something cool to use while leveling the other 2 classes? I'm not asking for carbuncle, but there are plenty of DoTs that could be passed around.

Anymoogle,

thats it for now, time for me to go fight my true enemy 1017/servers not found/2002

my list of jobs that don't make sense...

Monk- (PUG&LNC) Why LNC? what is wrong with classic FF healing punchies?

Should be(PUG(& CNJ)

BLM(THM&ARC) really? what good is archery to a BLM? At least with PUG the weapon needed was always at hand. (literally)

WHM( CNJ&ACN) wait, why is ACN fine for WHM and not BLM? ACN has more DoTs than it does heals. seems more BLM material for that.

on that note what is up with ACN cross class skills? and by what is up with I mean where are they? I can get the healing spell that is identical to the CNJ healing spell (worthless if you are going SCH) and there was another skill, but it was so pointless I cant even remember it. So ACN gets 2(maybe 3) completely pointless skills? why can't I get something cool to use while leveling the other 2 classes? I'm not asking for carbuncle, but there are plenty of DoTs that could be passed around.

Anymoogle,

thats it for now, time for me to go fight my true enemy 1017/servers not found/2002

Well im not sure about lore and whatnot.  But after getting my archery to 15 the biggest skill im using as a black mage that helps from archery is a move that makes my damage 20% higher for a period of time.  Which is pretty fawxin ownage.

I wonder if any of the changes were meant to put the characters from different starting cities instead of having to continue around the same as before. Like Bard being ARC + CONJ would have meant you're stuck in Girdania twice, whereas now you are Girdania and Limsa (ARC). Maybe it doesn't make IC sense or logic behind the classes, but game wise opens you up to more experiences around the realm?

Er okay .. was that to me?  Sorry if I don't understand ... :(

She was joking, cant brick anything so your correct.  But its as if the joke was over the head slightly =)

She was joking, cant brick anything so your correct.  But its as if the joke was over the head slightly =)

Ooooooh ... gotcha.   Heh okay.  :thumbsup: